Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skyblue

I need some help with FS9

Guest Skyblue

Hello!I’m having a problem with my FS9 and perhaps somebody can help me resolving it?! A while ago I downloaded a B737-400 add-on, which had really bad flight characteristics, the plane started rotation by itself and prematurely, and it was totally unstable about it’s pitch axis:-( So I decided to erase the file of that add-on.The disappointment was great, as I noticed that the problem wasn’t solved, and since then all of the other aircraft have the same problem x( I already erased the MSFS and reinstalled it (several times) on a different partition of my computer’s hard disk, but it didn’t help at all. I’m really upset about this issue, and I don’t have any idea about what else I could do, so I really appreciate any advice or suggestion on how I could get my Sim back running again :-)Regards and many happy landings :-)Sky

Hello Sky:I don't know how deeply you are into your computer knowledge and experience. If you have no experience relative to the likes of the following, as I am sure several will immediately advise you may want to ignore the following:First shot sounds like something was not removed to me. If you are comfortable in fiddling with your registry you might try regseeker in order to remove anything bearing the FS titles before a clean installation. Same goes for any text relative to the plane you installed if you still have that information. The program does have a backup capability so you can undo anything you have removed.A second thought is the possibility of your restoring to an earlier date assuming you are running an XP operating system. If you can go back to a date prior to the installation of the trouble bird in question, it should clear up your problem. This would probably be the most simple solution.Best of luck:RTH

Guest Skyblue

Hello RTH:Thanks for your advice, as soon as I have some time to spare, I'll check it out! After I posted my question, I read in the "Tips & Tricks" section that the FS9.CFG file could also be a culprit, which frequently causes some trouble, and sometimes the issue is solved by deleting the FS9.CFG and re-run the MSFS?! Anyhow, thanks for your advice and I'll give it a try and see if I'm able to resolve the problem.Regards Sky

Hello Sky,It almost sounds like a calibration issue with your joystick as well - I would give a calibration a go and see if that affects your sim behavior. Best,Owen

Guest Skyblue

Hi Owen:Thanks for the tip! Every time I re-installed the sim I always calibrated the joystick and it worked just fine. So I guess the joystick calibration can be excluded form the "culprit-list".Regrads Sky

Guest allcott

Sometimes its the simple things. The symptoms you describe can often occur when you accidentally left the autopilot on while on the ground. This causes the pitch trim to wind full on and does exactly what you describe. Those flights are saved outside of the FS folder, just like the FS9. cfg and do not get overwritten when you reinstall, so you'd see them even after that. Just check your trim setting before you begin the take off. I bet that is where the problem is.Allcott

Guest Rockcliffe

That was my guess as well. I'd set up a flight, check the trim and make sure the autopilot is off, then save it as the default startup flight.BlairCYOW

Guest Skyblue

Hello guys!It's almost unbelievable, but I finally resolved the problem I had with my MSFS! Thanks a lot for your advice and support guys, I really appreciate it!I tell you what I did:- I calibrated the joystick one more time and I also checked that the A/P was turned off and the trim was set for T/O! Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.- So I decided to delete the sim one more time (which I did several times in the past)- I went into the registry and deleted the remaining MSFS files (as RTH advised me to do)- Then I defragmented the hard drive and re-installed the sim- Okay, I gave it a try and surprise the plane didn't start rotating prematurely - BUT it was still unstable about it's pitch axis.- Next thing I did was deleting the FS9.CFG file and re-run the sim, and I almost couldn't believe it, but the pitch issue was also resolved, and the plane took-off really nice and was totally stable about it's pitch axis!!! You should have seen the smile on my face :-)Finally I can't tell exactly what the cause of the problem was, I believe there were several reasons, probably the remaining MSFS files in the registry as well as the FS9.CFG file. But anyway the problem is solved, and once more, thank you guys for your advice!!!!Best Regards from Germany and always three greens! John ;-)