Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Installing V3 MegaScenery Missouri and Software Licensing

Here we go again.  I just downloaded Missouri V3 and running the installer but, like in previous releases, it is asking me for licensing information (the pin number and my e-mail address) on every file.  This was supposedly fixed when I complained about it before - http://www.avsim.com/topic/495106-installing-v3-megascenery-and-software-licensing/ .  I entered the licensing information on the first file installed and on all of the others, I cancelled out when asked for licensing information.  Hopefully this will work (currently at file 10 out of 18) because I followed the directions on the download link and I'm not downloading "repaired files".  The long download process and then the really long installation process is enough.  I do believe in licensing products but they have to fix the installers as they are not working properly.

I'll post when the installation is complete and let everyone know if the product works okay with just entering the product pin information at the beginning and cancelling the rest of the notices to enter my pin and licensing information.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The installation process finished successfully and the scenery loaded without a problem so just make sure you enter your license pin once and then cancel out on all of the other requests to enter your licensing information (17 more times).

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The installation process finished successfully and the scenery loaded without a problem so just make sure you enter your license pin once and then cancel out on all of the other requests to enter your licensing information (17 more times).

Best regards,

Jim

I've just downloaded and installed MO today and the problem is still there.

I've also noticed a thin but long stripe of just black ground textures east of KSGF. Do you have the same? (Sorry, can't take a screenshot right now which would have helped but it is very obvious for me when I take off from KSGF and head east.)

Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing. Do you have the same or is it my install that is corrupt?

East%20of%20KSGF.jpg?dl=0

I've just downloaded and installed MO today and the problem is still there.

I've also noticed a thin but long stripe of just black ground textures east of KSGF. Do you have the same? (Sorry, can't take a screenshot right now which would have helped but it is very obvious for me when I take off from KSGF and head east.)

I see the same stripe.  I have no idea what caused it but doubt it is missing textures but an anomaly in the data received. If it was missing a file, it would have shown a larger area missing.

As far as installing, you (and I) may have used an older installer.  I personally used an installer I used to install some of my older scenery.  I just downloaded Idaho and used that installer and it only nagged me on the first file.  The rest of the files were installed without any future nagging.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

I see the same stripe.  I have no idea what caused it but doubt it is missing textures but an anomaly in the data received. If it was missing a file, it would have shown a larger area missing.

As far as installing, you (and I) may have used an older installer.  I personally used an installer I used to install some of my older scenery.  I just downloaded Idaho and used that installer and it only nagged me on the first file.  The rest of the files were installed without any future nagging.

Best regards,

Jim

Yeah, I did use the old 1.2 installer. So I guess it could be that. It did work fine installing V3 Alabama, Arkansas and Tennessee withoutit prompting me for the registration more than once using the same 1.2 installer though...

I'll get in touch with MSE about the black stripe. It's I obviously in the data that generates the bgls. It is confined to a thin stripe in MO_898.bgl

Glad you know exactly where it is at.  I would have no clue.  Hopefully they will fix it.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM