Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

"FSD-International addons experience."

I'd like to join in on the sweet side of the chorus. I've been an FSD customer for over five years (gosh). Over that time, I've had a few problems with two machine changes, corrupted files, multiple upgrades, and so forth. Without fail, the fellows at FSD have been courteous, prompt, and helpful. Not to say others have not had their complaints; only that my own experience has been terrific.A couple of things to remember. First, this is a "company" of three flight-sim guys. They were all hobbyists first

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest Edam

As I posted on Flightsim:It depends on who you deal with. Here's an example of my experience with one of them through email:email removedAs you can see, I initially offered a copy of my keys, and as is evident it was a "polite" request, but still received rude and arrogant responses, and was even accused of not wanting to be assisted. Incredible! There were more email exchanges with that person, equally as arrogant and insulting. I finally had the situation settled by dealing with Owen, but I too will never give them another dime.So, perhaps those of you who have had a good experience with them have not had the displeasure of dealing with one of the three, who is arrogant and insulting not only through email, but publicly on the various forums. I wonder how much business has been lost to FSD because of that individual.

Guest UweR

... a 100% typical anonymous exchange of thoughts with all sorts of misunderstandings...Hi Edam - as I understand it, you didn

>I have the porter and Cessna Skymaster -- love em both. Itimes, etc. are not tru, because I do a mandatory reinstall of>Windows every 3 months to assure security and freedom from>spywareTalk about excessive unecesarry measures.There are more than enough good anti-spyware, anti-virus and security programns out there.

Guest Edam

>... a 100% typical anonymous exchange of thoughts with all>sorts of misunderstandings...>>Hi Edam - as I understand it, you didn

>As I posted on Flightsim:>>It depends on who you deal with. Here's an example of my>experience with one of them through email:I must say that I side with FSD on that one. When you e-mail someone you always identify yourself, as you would in a common letter, unless it's someone you only know under a nick from a chatroom or instant messaging system.

Guest Edam

For the love of god! Once again, my first email was an INQUIRY as to what I should do. ALL details would have been forthcoming after that.Now here's one for you: It was not necessary to quote my entire message for your response.

Uwe; Edam's exchange with an FSD member demonstrates a basic lack of respect for a customer. I'm sorry, but the first answer from FSD was discourteous and disrespectful...no customer should be willing to accept being addressed like that for asking a simple question. Any sharp tone in response may have been unnecessary, but certainly it was warranted. From my perspective, FSD lost a customer over this "insignificant cause" due to their callous customer handling technique. And were I a prospective customer reading this, they'd be losing another one now. I'm sorry, but no amount of rationalization can justify the sort of rudeness shown to a paying customer demonstrated in that particular exchange. It boggles my mind that people are willing to not only accept this sort of behavior, but to defend it as well.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

>For the love of god! Once again, my first email was an>INQUIRY as to what I should do. ALL details would have been>forthcoming after that.>So you don't have to identify yourself in an inquiry?Internet communication sure leads to strange ways of communication habits.>Now here's one for you: It was not necessary to quote my>entire message for your response.Since I can't see how many messages came between yours and my reply as I read through a thread for the first time I found it to be helpful in context.But I see you seem to have problems with context. ;)

> Edam's exchange with an FSD member demonstrates a basic lack>of respect for a customer.To me it only demonstrates that some people lack basic forms of written communication.People in general, both as customers and just in any other similar situation are way too quick to point to their rights and totally forget or ignore that they also have obligations.I am sick and tired of people who are so quick to anger when they see their customers rights in violation instead of realizing that they used the wrong tone when they approached the issue.Whether you paid for someting or not doesn't relieve you from your obligations of common courtesy. Like having the decency to introduce yourself in an e-mail.

> From my perspective, FSD lost a customer over this>"insignificant cause" due to their callous customer handling>technique. And were I a prospective customer reading this,>they'd be losing another one now. I'm sorry, but no amount of>rationalization can justify the sort of rudeness shown to a>paying customer demonstrated in that particular exchange. It>boggles my mind that people are willing to not only accept>this sort of behavior, but to defend it as well.This is just like the kitbuilt plane industry. There are those who are THE "brains" with design, and getting the product out, but seem to have little patience for customer service, when it get's a bit overwhelming. And then, just like here, you have the few who became annoyed with the customer service, and basically call for a boycott; while there are hundreds or thousands out there who know the many years of the company's history, and are more than willing to put up with some less than pleasant PR. To those that are not aware, FSD and the small group of indivuals that it's comprised of, is one of the original add-on developers for Micosoft's Flight Simulator, that constantly raised the bar, when it comes to flight dynamics. In prior years, it was FSD who freely gave significant updates for numerous default aircraft. I'm sticking up for the company, because I KNOW it's history, and what these individuals have gave to the flight simming community over all these years. I can overlook some cranky Public Relations.edit: Speaking again, of the kitplane industry, there are also many vendors who supply subkits, avionics, upolstery, auto-pilots, etc. It's often mentioned by these vendors, that E-mails sometimes get so over-whelming, that they get to a point of not responding, unless it's a phone call. They simply don't have a staff large enough to respond to all the mail, and yet produce, test, and distribute the product. And once again, just like here, someone will complain that his E-mail hasn't been answered in 10 days, writes a post on the forum about how lousy the company PR is, and calls for others to take their business elsewhere. Yet, the majority of us, know just how well the product was designed, and how valuable it really is, despite the sometimes less than exemplary PR.L.Adamson

>So you don't have to identify yourself in an inquiry?Of course you don't. For example, you go back to the grocery store with a carton of broken eggs that you found packed by the bagger at the bottom of the sack under some heavy cans. Do you approach the cashier with your photo ID in hand to address the problem? Most such exchanges are done...or at least start...anonymously, with a basic courteous reception on the part of the employee in recognition that the person approaching is a customer. How would you react if, instead, that cashier looked at you and said, "I don't know you...for all I know you bought those eggs up the street and broke them yourself." Personally, I might be looking for a manager to help her clean those eggs off her smock after I accidentally dropped them in her lap.Another example...customer shows up with an item he has decided to return, but lacks his receipt.Response A: "Sir, I'll be happy to refund your money, but our company policy does require a receipt for all refunds. You have up to 30 days, perhaps you can bring it back for a refund on your next visit?"Response B: "Sorry, but you really can't expect me to give you a refund without a receipt. We have people trying to pull refund scams on us every day." Both responses execute the same company policy. But the second is rude and all but accuses the customer of trying to perpetrate a fraud on the store. Again, I'd be looking to have a chat with his manager, and failing satisfaction there, it'd be the last time I set foot in there, and every one of my friends would be hearing about it, too.There's just no excuse for the "Response B" in business. The more people try to justify it, the worse it looks.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

>>>So you don't have to identify yourself in an inquiry?>>Of course you don't. That's news to me.And your examples have nothing to do with written inquiries.I want to see you write a letter to your local phone company inquring about a technical problem without identifying yourself. :(>Do you approach the cashier with your photo ID in hand to address the problem? No but you approach the cashier with the sales slip to prove that you actually bought it there.

Guest NPreston

I too, have had a few issues with FSD International. My problem came when I had an issue installing their Piaggio Avanti onto my new computer. There was a software issue, in which, I then requested a new installer because the non-operative installer wouldn't work and would give out a reference number. I simply received a reply back stating that I had stolen their software. I happily provided them with all of the details on my purchase and even with all of the information I provided them they seemed to think that I had illegally accessed the program with some "key generator" and that I should either make good on my wrong doing by purchasing another copy or they would seek legal actions. I was in no mood to buy two copies of the same plane because of their issues so I simply said no.We exchanged a few stongly worded e-mails and I told them I was going to get my refund through my credit card and then they refunded my purchase. I still can't figure out why they gave me my money back if they thought I stole their Avanti. Needless to say I won't go near FSD again, and I don't reccommend them either. Funny thing is, in my last e-mail to them, I told them that if I were to hear of issues like this again I would let people know of what went on, and now I just have. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go calm down. _______________________________________:-kewl Nick Preston

Guest Edam

Thank you Bob. Some people here just don't get it. If they would compare the original reply I received against the one from Owen, which one would they prefer? Whether I signed the email or not is a non-issue. I GAVE THEM MY HARD EARNED MONEY. In that case, signature or not, I don't expect to be treated in that manner. This whole nonsense about not signing the initial email is ridiculous and most likely some FSD a really excited user nitpicking a way to stick up for them.And as far as ladamson, and his "I'm sticking up for the company, because I KNOW it's history, and what these individuals have gave to the flight simming community over all these years. I can overlook some cranky Public Relations."Good for you. If you don't mind being called a thief as some have, or want to pay people to insult you, be my guest. What they have done for the FS community is irrelevant to me. That doesn't give one of them carte blanche to act the way that he does.