Sign in to follow this  
The777Flyer

Failures I'd like to see on the PMDG aircrafts

Hello,

first of all, I want to prevent the comments saying thats its not possible to save the plane or what ever, its mostly for testing user reactions or videos (fictional incindents or reconstitutions) and increase realism with failures possibilities

I saw these failures on Air Crash Investigation (Rudder hardover is the one I really want to have, I just finished watching Air Crash Northwest 85)

As I know that PMDG's .ptp files keep infos from previous flight for failures (Mean Time Before Failure) so I guess only PMDG can do this :)

-Rudder Hardover (Eastwind 517; USAir 427; United 585 (Thermic shock on PCU); Northwest 85 (Fatigue)) for 747, failure can be for 1 or the 2 rudders of the both as Flight 58)

-TailStrike Aftermath (JAL 123 (loss of hydraulics, controls with engines only); China Airlines 611

-Fatigue/rupture (United 232, EL AL 1862)

Others such as no landing gears extension/retraction, no flaps retraction/extension, possiblity of ditching, land without gears, engine fire.

and best of all, a "Black box like" utility, to read the .ptp, see archives, maintenance done, antecedents (Tail strikes etc) days since its started acivities, flights done (flight paths, eventes etc) and if a failure happen, after landing (or crash), the user can "play" the black box and see what happened on its flights, see when the failure started (can be days/years before the accident)

In the hope this is possible to do :) I live flying, and I love challenges too, I'd like to see if Im able to save my plane from a failure (or see how I'll react), I already "train" myself with weather on ASN :)

Regards,

The777Pilot

Sory for typos, my PC is set in french and almost everything is highlited in red, and its about 03h here, I will go to sleep now :)

Just jam the rudder to the right and that's it. No problem unless your using rudder pedals. :)

How? :) I'd like it to happen randomly, same as the other failures :) you know, because, and for 747, its different (see Northwest 85) which allow to compensate with the upper rudder :)

How? :) I'd like it to happen randomly, same as the other failures :) you know, because, and for 747, its different (see Northwest 85) which allow to compensate with the upper rudder :)

What I mean is you just hold the assigned rudder key on your keyboard until the rudder moved to its farthest. It'll stay like that if you let go of the key.

• Upvote 1