Sign in to follow this  
Meekg

TCAS target altitude single digit

Good morning,

I have a question/doubt with regards to TCAS target altitude display in both the NGX and 777.

I researched in the forum and on the web and I can't seem to find any reference; forgive me in advance if I missed it.
On both my NGX and 777 I see TCAS targets with single digit when relative altitude is <1000ft and no digits at all when at the same altitude.
Is this the normal layout on Boeing NDs?
According to the Boeing documentation I have and all the TCAS I worked with (sorry for being an Airbus guy :wink: ) I've always seen two digits displayed (e.g. relative altitude -800ft, TCAS display -08. Relative altitude 0ft, TCAS display 00).
Is this how it's supposed to be or did I miss something in my settings?

TIA

Mike

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

For reference, KLM video of the 777 shows two digits. Also KLM video of the 747 shows two digits and PMDG 747 shows two digits.

Dugald Walker

Anyone.... from the team maybe?

Mmmmm... maybe I should have omitted my full name in order to get an answer... :P Just teasing.

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

Anyone.... from the team maybe?

Mmmmm... maybe I should have omitted my full name in order to get an answer... :P Just teasing.

Michael, based on the latest B777 FCOM revision I agree with your findings. It should be two digits regardless.

You will need to open a support ticket, so that the team can be made aware of this, and add it to their bug/fix tracking list. 

Thank you Leo for the advise, I will do as you suggested.

Mike

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif