Sign in to follow this  

Orbx: new rules

Luv it works great

HELLO.... GOOD EVENING!!!!!  TRYING TO ATTRACT ATTENTION HERE!!    Are you lot dumb deaf or daft?  I am asking about how to uninstall ORBX?  

Dave uninstall ? dont uninstall anything follow instructions on how to do this heres a video on how to do it - and after you can uninstall anything using FTX Central 3 and yes I am dumb lol

Rich Sennett

hmmmmmm.........signed up for an OrbxDirect account, followed JV's instructions for logging on and then transferring FSS purchases...and the screen says I've purchased nothing, which is odd, considering I've spent many $100s of dollars on Orbx software.

That's not an encouraging start.

UPDATE: never mind....unclear directions (or an aging mind) led me to believe I'd see my FSS purchases upon initial log-in to OrbxDirect. That's NOT the case. One has to link on an emailed link to transfer purchases information. 

All's fine now.

I had the same issue, luckily I saw that tutorial which Richard posted above first which helped me. I almost lost my mind when I thought I lost everything!  :fool:

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I had the same issue, luckily I saw that tutorial which Richard posted above first which helped me. I almost lost my mind when I thought I lost everything!  :fool:

LOL Josh - like this a lot better - takes forever the old way - well done Orbx - reminds me of the way FSFXPackages does it easy works for me 

Rich Sennett

But I'm not thrilled with not having full control of my purchased addons (copy protection and online validation sucks!)

Uhm.. you do realize that the FSS "wrapper" is/was exactly that, right..?

• Upvote 2

No  issues  here  downloading  and installing the new  version of  ftx v3 so much  easier  now  in updating  etc,  all in one  place  now  which is  good

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I just followed the step by step tutorial here http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/123941-new-orbxdirect-store-is-now-live/ and it only take a couple of minutes to have everything installed and my licenses transferred from FSS. One of the simplest processes I ever done re transferring licenses.

New interface for FTX V3 is very slick and simpler to use. Nice to have everything centralised now to my orbx direct account.

I've spent a lot of money with orbx in last few months since coming back to flight simming. Looks like they have made it even easier for me to spend more :-)

That video was really well done and answered most of my questions.

Looks like one of my major annoyances with the FTX line has completely disappeared!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Luv it works great

Dave uninstall ? dont uninstall anything follow instructions on how to do this heres a video on how to do it - and after you can uninstall anything using FTX Central 3 and yes I am dumb lol

Lol !!   Thanks Rich. :smile:

I used the tutorial provided by ORBX, up and running with no issues. Seems like they they got this one nailed on day one.

Thanks guys. All worked at my end perfectly and appreciated the different help resources...

Jason Jackett

Lol !!   Thanks Rich. :smile:

Welcome Brother  :smile:

Rich Sennett

I actually have tons of Orbx crap that I long ago stopped using because it was just far too much of a hassle. In the end, it was kind of like drugs; IE when you're a "user" you really really crave new "hits" to feed your incessant scenery cravings, but after going cold turkey for a while and becoming "clean", you're kind of glad to have kicked the habit and moved on with life.

Now the issue occurs..... Do I have any urge to return to that old life, with DTG sim and Xp11 right around the corner? (Not to even mention Aerofly)

Can and should you go home again, or has time and history moved on to a new chapter, leaving ambivalent memories?

I'll think about it, but what I really wish is that I was strong minded enough to just delete it all.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Uhm.. you do realize that the FSS "wrapper" is/was exactly that, right..?

I do, and I loathe it! It was just a very badly formulated sentence, sorry. What I meant to say is that I hate any system with copy protection that requires online verification or other time consuming loops. I've had my share of stuff that I can no longer use because of these moronic installers, ES Scilly Isles, Flight1 C172 and Capt. Sim C-130 comes to mind. 

I actually have tons of Orbx crap that I long ago stopped using because it was just far too much of a hassle. In the end, it was kind of like drugs; IE when you're a "user" you really really crave new "hits" to feed your incessant scenery cravings, but after going cold turkey for a while and becoming "clean", you're kind of glad to have kicked the habit and moved on with life.

Now the issue occurs..... Do I have any urge to return to that old life, with DTG sim and Xp11 right around the corner? (Not to even mention Aerofly)

Can and should you go home again, or has time and history moved on to a new chapter, leaving ambivalent memories?

I'll think about it, but what I really wish is that I was strong minded enough to just delete it all.

I have a clean install of P3D at the moment, with only FreemeshX installed. With PTA even the default textures come to life (with a few free replacement textures to get rid of the lack of green grass in summer - by Adam Mills). Now that REX seem to have found a good way to really pimp the default airports, I am really tempted to stay pretty much default. One can get addicted to great performance too. As soon as the FTX stuff is installed my fps drops significantly, so then it becomes that looks vs. performance dance all over again... I will probably just dump the FTX stuff into P3D v2.5 and enjoy the best of both worlds.

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Let's pin this for a few days or weeks.  Good info.  I went through the process of setting up an account, transferring my stuff from FSS to Orbx Direct and it was truly simple.  Didn't even have to read the manual!  :smile:  It think Orbx Direct is the state of the art as far as Internet stores go.  I can see other stores following in these same footsteps in the near future. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

While I'm sure their intentions are good, I wish they'd leave things alone. It works fine the way it is. 

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough