Sign in to follow this  

Orbx: new rules

So I can backup my entire ORBx folder, format the hard drive, reinstall Windows, reinstall P3D v3, copy the backed up ORBx folder to the P3D v3 root folder, run FTX Central 3, and everything will be automatically restored and ready for the simulator? That sounds good to me.

Yep. I just read though that to be complete you also need to copy the entire scenery/World/scenery folder: afaik only a few files are added by Orbx but they advice to copy the entire folder. Maybe in the future they will tell which files are involved exactly. After copying everything in place (skip the overwrite of files with the scenery folder) you should download and install Central 3 and login. I suppose installing and running Central really should be done last... And, finally, only Global needs to be reinstalled because it overwrites default files. (So you might want to save a backup of that installer.)

This is pretty great, of course. Not only don't you need to save (backups of) installers or download stuff when you have done a reinstall of the OS or bought a new PC, you don't even need to install stuff! Huge time saver.

I already make backup copies of my World/Scenery/World folder, so that's no problem.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am having difficulty transferring licenses.  I did not receive an email from FSS and that may be the problem.  And under "my products" it says that I don't have any products in my account.  I don't see a way to send them another request.  How do I resolve this as this is very frustrating to me, especially since everyone seems to be saying that this works great.  .  Thanks

I did not receive an email from FSS and that may be the problem.

In their guide, they stated you need to make sure your e-mail address at FSS was accurate before you tried the transfer.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I am having difficulty transferring licenses.  I did not receive an email from FSS and that may be the problem.  And under "my products" it says that I don't have any products in my account.  I don't see a way to send them another request.  How do I resolve this as this is very frustrating to me, especially since everyone seems to be saying that this works great.  .  Thanks

Is it FSS or OrbXDirect you didn't get a validation mail from ? By what you say,  I think you could not open an account at OD, am I right ? Anyway, 

- If you cannot open your OD account by lack of a mail, this is a known issue. I had this problem like some others. And there was nothing in my junk bin either. Send a support ticket to OrbXDirect. Ben will manually activate your account within a few hours EDIT it seems that Nick Cooper can do it now. Then you can post here maybe http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/124289-registering-on-the-new-orb-x-site/#comment-1117596

- if your OD account is open but you don't get the authorization mail from FSS then get in touch with Adrian at FSS. They usually monitor their Facebook page. You can also post a ticket at FSS.

Hope that helps.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I already make backup copies of my World/Scenery/World folder, so that's no problem.

They updated their guide on this method: seems you also have to copy the Sounds and Effects folders... IMHO you might as well 1. uninstall P3D (so you can activate the new install), 2. copy what is left of the entire P3D folder, 3. (re)install Windows or the entire PC, 4. copy the P3D folder back where it was, 5. install P3D into that same folder, 5. install Central 3 (and Global if you use it).

I myself have P3D on a seperate SSD so in case of a Windows reinstall I can skip step 2 and 4. Reinstalling Orbx addons hasn't been as easy and quick is it is now. No need for downloads and/or installing anything.

What's the deal with this new sign in page here

https://orbxdirect.com/

I used to use my pw to get it and it doesn't recognise it.

I have email orbx support for assistance with new PW.

I wanted to D/L the AI Freeware North America and when I press add to account, nothing happens.  https://orbxdirect.com/product/aitraffic-naga

Till I hear from Orbx, guess I'm dead in the water.

What's the deal with this new sign in page here

https://orbxdirect.com/

I used to use my pw to get it and it doesn't recognise it.

I have email orbx support for assistance with new PW.

I wanted to D/L the AI Freeware North America and when I press add to account, nothing happens.  https://orbxdirect.com/product/aitraffic-naga

Till I hear from Orbx, guess I'm dead in the water.

You have to reigister at that site. It is a completely new site and system. Orbx products are now sold directly from Orbx and this site instead of via FSS. You can't use your Orbx forum login details or your FSS login details. Be sure to use the mail address there that you also use with FSS otherwise downloading your purchases may become a problem in the future. You can (or should, but it is optional) also transfer your FSS purchases to Orbxdirect: if you do that, you will be able to download and update everything from within the also new FTX Central 3 where any added freeware will also be accessible. Take note also that this Orbxdirect account is seperate from your Orbx forum account: that one will still be the old one (if you had an account there).

It all sounds a bit complicated but there are a few topics on the Orbx forum that explain it all:

How to use OrbxDirect and FTXCv3 - Jordan King's Video guide                 

How to use OrbxDirect and FTXCentral V3 - a step by step guide                 

OrbxDirect and FTX Central V3 - Offical FAQ                 

I've tried the new site, It asks me for my email and PW, trouble is, I forgot my PW and hopefully sent email to right email address requesting either new

or old PW so that I can logon. I cannot create a new account, using my email addy, the system says that is already in use, till I hear from someone, anyone,

at orbx I am dead in the water.  When I enter my name and email address below it states that email address is already taken. Guess what, thst is MY

email address. So, I am boxed in, can't create new account and I forgot my PW and was trying to get one created. This is very frustating.

Orbx.jpg