Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Chase Plane now available

It would be an improvement of no particular significance if TIR was not supported. It would be foolish to present a new easy-to-use utility to the userbase whilst at the same time removing the use of another (rather crucial) one.

Due to the partly quote you made your missing the context ;-)

André

awf, on 26 Oct 2016 - 2:37 PM, said:

Due to the partly quote you made your missing the context ;-)

Agree - not sure how that happened. I saw their statement.

I've had it for about a month, and it's INCREDIBLE.  You'll love it.

Can you assign each "custom view"  to a joystick/Keyboard button/key as you can do on Ezdok or Opus ?

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Why on earth can you only store presets in the cloud? Back up, yes, i get, but what if i want to Sim with my computer offline?

Part of me thinks this is simply to help copyright protection, but part of me also fears it is to move over to a subscription payment model in the future. Until i read this feature, I was pleased Chaseplane is in the works. I think now i may reside to sticking with OpusFSI for my camera controls (EZDOK causes do many problems for me!)

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Why on earth can you only store presets in the cloud? Back up, yes, i get, but what if i want to Sim with my computer offline?

Part of me thinks this is simply to help copyright protection, but part of me also fears it is to move over to a subscription payment model in the future. Until i read this feature, I was pleased Chaseplane is in the works. I think now i may reside to sticking with OpusFSI for my camera controls (EZDOK causes do many problems for me!)

Where has anyone said that the "only" storage was in the cloud? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

If Chaseplane does not come with ground and in-air effects (RND, DHM, CR) to simulate shaking, turbulence or rolling effect during taxi it certainly will not replace EZDOK.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Where has anyone said that the "only" storage was in the cloud?

On their site

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On their site

This is what it says on their site. 

"Every camera you create in ChasePlane is linked to your OldProp account and is saved In the Cloud. No need to export your presets anymore or to create new ones because you lost everything in a computer failure. As soon as you install ChasePlane and run it on your brand new computer, all your camera presets are loaded from the server and are ready to be used."

That does not translate to " It will only be stored in the cloud, "and you will not have any presets saved on your PC....... Like any other program that uses cloud storage, the backup of your presets would be stored in the cloud,so in case you lose them on your PC, you will have a backup file you can download. ....

If Chaseplane does not come with ground and in-air effects (RND, DHM, CR) to simulate shaking, turbulence or rolling effect during taxi it certainly will not replace EZDOK.

If you look carefully at the video I posted, it looks like there are menu items for this effects in the video. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Actually their latest update says:

Will camera presets be stored locally?
No, presets will be stored in the cloud and are downloaded when the application launches. Many applications are reliant on an Internet connection these days, it is the best way to ensure you never loose your presets. As long as you have access to the Internet when launching and closing the application, you are good to go.

The word "No" and needing to be online to be "good to go" is the key here.......

Rob Bates

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

This means you can only use the camera app if you are online. I do not understand the cloud strategy, unless they collect data what aircrafts users do own. Strange in my eyes. I never loose presets because I regularly backup my data and make images. No public cloud required.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

This means you can only use the camera app if you are online. I do not understand the cloud strategy, unless they collect data what aircrafts users do own. Strange in my eyes. I never loose presets because I regularly backup my data and make images. No public cloud required.

I am sure they will change that, that will be a deal killer for many, including myself. 

• Upvote 2

I am sure they will change that, that will be a deal killer for many, including myself.

And I am sure they won't. OldProp is one of the (too) many companies who like to do as much as possible in the cloud, saying it is so convenient, meaning they have total control and insight over what you can and can not do. Their PrecipitFX addon used to be a downloadable addon but they changed how it works and now it is installed out of the cloud. I am sure they will make this addon as cloudy as possible.

Does Anybody know how much Chase Plane will cost?

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Well, I hope they do change it and if not, then I hope I am not alone in voting with my wallet and not bothering.

• Upvote 3

Rob Bates