Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Chase Plane now available

I believe PMDG products dont run without an internet connection yet no one has complained about that

People haven't complained about it because you don't need to be connected once the product is activated. There are a few recently released products that require you to be connected while using and both of them have plenty of complaints about the requirement.

On topic, I'm not interested in the Chase Plane for the camera stuff as I'm not much of a fancy camera guy, but seeing there's a recording/playback function coming has me excited. I'd end up purchasing Chase Plane just for that.

Barrel_owl

It may be worth you testing the following. I don't have Ezdok as I do a lot of camera "stuff" with my own software that other programs don't do, and having multiple applications fighting for camera control won't work, so I can't test it myself.

Add the definition below to your global cameras.cfg file  (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\)
Start Prepar3D and Ezdok
Ezdok **may** show the camera and allow you to specify your own XYZ offsets by aircraft. This depends on whether Ezdok only allows you to implement offsets on a hard coded list of cameras, or whether it offers everything that it finds in cameras.cfg. I can't test that as I don't have the software.
If it doesn't show, you could change the Category to Cockpit, restart P3D and Ezdok and see if that changes it's availability.

The basics of Ezdok & Chase Plane is primarily applying XYZPBH offsets to cameras, so provided either of them allow you to work with this camera, it makes inroards into the tail dragger issue.
Note that 0,0,0 on this camera shows an external model from the inside of the aircraft and doesn't look correct until you move the eyepoint outside of the aircraft model by applying suitable offsets.

Hope it works.....

[CameraDefinition.70]
Title = "Generic External - Tracking"
Guid = {0C2E55FC-16B2-4B6E-28A4-EA2F2F2D2F81}
Description = Generic Tracking Center Outside for Custom Exterior Views - richb
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = Track
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = 1.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = True
Transition = Yes
ShowLensFlare = True
Category = Aircraft
ClipMode = Spot
PitchPanRate = 30
HeadingPanRate = 75
PanAcceleratorTime = 0
CycleHidden = True
InitialXyz = 0,0,0

I need an internet connection to make my OpusFSI work. I need an internet connection to get AS16 real weather downloaded. Yet I have never had a problem doing either.

I can't understand all the unnecessary angst. If you live in the USA or Europe, continuous internet connectivity is hardly a technology shortcoming.

Well gentlemen I live in one of the countries with the best network on the planet in terms of uptime and quality.

A few weeks ago we had even a world wide down time due to attacks to DNS servers so it's nowadays

a bit more complex as a simple dial up or simple router connection. Also there are more technical issues to consider also privacy etc..

It's real simple every cloud solution should offer also a local solution as backup ;-)

Since they already confirmed it here version 1.0 will have it I will try for sure this one because it looks promising :-)

André

It does look nice.

Once I get my new place a constant connection should be no problem.

Until then I am in a small cabin, 100' from the main house, with a range extender.

And there is a major remodel goin on in the main house.

Aaron Tirrell

I wont be, as long as Chaseplane does not support TrackIR it's of little use to me.

Check the Q & A on the FSFX Packages web site here:

https://fsfxpackages.com/en/blog/2016/10/03/q4-2016-update/

In that, it is mentioned that there will be TrackIR support.

EDIT: One of these days I'll read the thread before commenting :) My apologies for missing the post near the beginning of the topic.

• Upvote 1

Quite a few posts on Facebook where simmers have already purchased it/ It is an Alpha version, but it looks like beta testing has begun for users. I know many reading this will go out and buy it....  $39

https://fsfxpackages.com/en/

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Im in. Ezdok doing funny things again. Getting tired of it. This will be refreshing

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I would be in too. How stable is the Alpha? Does it cause more instability in already "unstable" sim?

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

$ 39... wow... Since I was only considering to get this addon to make my two Airbus views transition smoothly I think I will pass. ;)

I was hoping it would cost something like 10 or maybe 15 bucks because I only would like to use it to make my two Airbus views transition smooth. 39 bucks is a bit too much, also because I never fly outside of my airplane. I am sure this addon is going to be a hit though.