Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Chase Plane now available

While screwing up your ability to look around with the hat switch.

What, does every single other person out there fly with a yoke with their left hand, or use a mouse with their right hand?

Am I the only simmer who flys with a joystick, and find it a huge pain to fly and use the mouse to look around with the same hand?

The hat switch, and Track IR does everything I will ever need to do, I cannot believe I even considered this program

Watch you talkin about Willis! 

No hat switch? I have a home cockpit..  I don't use the mouse when flying... 

If you watch Jordan King's video, he shows you how to setup the hat switch. I tried it and its remarkable how smooth the hatswitch panning has become

Ah ok! That sounds more like it

Questions: Please feel to answer any of these if you know 

1) could you assign a view to a button on your yoke for e.g.? Using menus and/or mouse is not practical in a home cockpit environment, 

2) I spot view without the slow movement. That camera is what I remove when I install P3D or FSX.  I keep only the fixed spot view.. so when I create external view.. can it be static without any movement unless I use my hat switch? I do not want to lose the p3d default fixed spot view. or better Q...would we lose the 4 or 5 p3d views? 

3) i guess the static view they have planned is the world camera of ezdok?

4) hat switch to pan within a view?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Maybe this has already been discussed.  Will there be Presets for camera postions, proper turbulence settings, for certain types of aircraft, etc. ?

Presets are built-in but stored in the cloud

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven thnx for the great addition to the sim. Got it yesterday. :)

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

How do we access this cloud

Automatically. Chase Plane saves everything in the cloud. Nothing you have to do or can do about it.

I just bought it and right after installation and playing around a little I rebooted my computer for a separate issue.

Upon starting I noticed my internet went (thanks Comcast) out so Chase Plane would not run without an Internet connection. So I was without camera software for about an hour. I tried loading up my other camera software but it was dead now.

I sort of regret buying it now but no refunds so I'll persevere. Thank goodness Steam lets you run in offline mode.

Sean Green

I have to agree I think the cloud should be used as a backup (gets stored in the cloud when a new camera is created / edit) but by default read from the local drive. I nice feature would be "restore from cloud presets"

- Paul Cartier

ORBX Innsbruck and the Flight 1 GTN 750 are my two must haves, I will try to resist these band wagon hyped up gotta have it threads where everyone gets worked into a lather and have their CC's at the ready.

If you already had two "must have" add-ons on your wishlist then why did you purchase a product that you seemed to not be interested in at all to begin with? Part of being an adult is choosing what to spend your money on, you can buy a camera addon that is in alpha or you can buy a GPS addon that you have been wanting.

Samuel Scully

How about you strip the cloud authentication garbage out of your app, then I'll buy it. The only people you inconvenience with that are legitimate customers and 10 year old software pirates who can't afford it anyways. If someone wants to pirate your app there is nothing stopping them.

• Upvote 3

How about you strip the cloud authentication garbage out of your app, then I'll buy it. The only people you inconvenience with that are legitimate customers and 10 year old software pirates who can't afford it anyways. If someone wants to pirate your app there is nothing stopping them.

I purchased an add on about 1 1/2 years ago and used it for a couple of weeks and all of a sudden on a Saturday morning I couldn't start it. Found out that following Tuesday that the software was constantly checking with ithe developer's  website and due to a mistake on the part of the developer, all of a sudden it ceased to work, so I couldn't fly for the entire weekend. I made up my mind then that I would not purchase another add on that worked that way. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I am actually liking it. Although I will be so happy when we get our new home and have our own internet, I will definitely be directly connected as far as my sim PC.

Aaron Tirrell

Bought it yesterday and initial impressions are good. It seems that I'm the only one that finds UI pretty complicated to get used to, maybe my EZDOK habits are slowing me down lol. :Tounge: 

I wanted to delete some presets because I created them while testing, and I can't find the "-", I suppose it isn't implemented yet? 

Also I see HUGE lag when zooming via ChasePlane in outside views, like 1 or 2 seconds of delay after the keypress. I had the same issue also in VC but get rid of it somehow. Latest ChasPlane version, GTX 1060 6gb, P3D v3.2.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.