Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Chase Plane now available

I have used saved weather and not been online with both of these apps. But with Chase he's saying if you can't get on line you can't use it.

I know what he's saying. My point however, stands. I have never had to use 'saved' weather scenarios because of a broken internet connection. I have ALWAYS connected since dial-up went out the door.

If this is causing you that much anxiety, then just stick to what you have. But to expect Keven and company to change their business model and compromise their IP protection as a result, is not only selfish but also irrational.

• Upvote 1

I'm also totally fine with this sort of cloud integration. For several years I have used software on a daily basis where files and data are stored on major cloud services like Google, Amazon and Steam, and I can't recall ever having a single aggravating issue.

If it theoretically might happen that my flight sim camera addon won't work temporarily because of cloud connection issues, then I suppose I'll just go outside for a walk while the problem gets fixed, instead of staying inside and fuming and raging.

• Upvote 4

I know what he's saying. My point however, stands. I have never had to use 'saved' weather scenarios because of a broken internet connection. I have ALWAYS connected since dial-up went out the door.

Whats dial up :Tounge: yea  agree  with you,  iam  sure  if  you own fslabs   you have  to be  connected  to the net  as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Just a reminder real quick:

9. We plan on having an offline solution so you wouldn't be left empty-handed in rare occasions where your computer would go offline.

• Upvote 2

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Oki, this is understandable and make sense.

But what about local storage and once a week (or so) online license checking.

This way it still can be used (for a week) when no internet connection, after that application can not be used anymore.

This gives you same piracy protection.

Makes zero sense to me. 

If this is causing you that much anxiety, then just stick to what you have. But to expect Keven and company to change their business model and compromise their IP protection as a result, is not only selfish but also irrational.

He doesn't have to change his business model. I just won't buy it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

If this is causing you that much anxiety, then just stick to what you have. But to expect Keven and company to change their business model and compromise their IP protection as a result, is not only selfish but also irrational

Well said. To be honest even if I decide to do a flight and find I have no internet due to some fault and therefore cannot use the software its not really that big a deal or the end of the world. I will just use it later when my Internet returns. If I lose Internet once a week I would consider it an issue but when was the last time you had no internet access when you wanted to flight sim? Maybe happens to me once a year at most. If I was the ChasePlane developer I would not change the model. The vast majority of people who are within their potential customer base are not fussy over issues like this nor have a third world internet connection that could make it an issue.

• Upvote 1

If you have Comcast in the US loosing internet once a week is a good week. It's out at least twice a week but no other providers unfortunately.

Sean Green

I was looking forward  using this magnificent add-on.

But if I can't use it offline, then its a no-go for me  :(

• Upvote 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

I also won't buy because of the fact that this software is constantly sending something from my machine into the cloud. I don't like to give this kind of software access to uploads on my local network. This is a security risk for me that I'm not willing to take for a camera app.

• Upvote 3

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Keven just clarified 6 posts up that there will be an offline solution.

• Upvote 1

I don't see any Issues with the Cloud Saving thing whats so ever. 

I for one will defiantly be buying this new Camera Add On,  Chase Plane 

Im ready for it. Its a fact of life that addons these days require an internet connection. Not a big deal. If it happens to go down on either end, then I deal with it. Do something else. Crap happens. Like being stuck in traffic. Cant do anything about it . Fact of life. Fortunatly the internet doesnt go down very much at all. I dont see how its an issue.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

If it happens to go down on either end, then I deal with it. Do something else. Crap happens. Like being stuck in traffic. Cant do anything about it . Fact of life. 

Well you won't even have to do something else, because like I said: "We plan on having an offline solution so you wouldn't be left empty-handed in rare occasions where your computer would go offline. "

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

It's remarkable how many times information must be repeated before it gets acknowledged. (Go, TIR integration!)

• Upvote 4

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Honestly, I can't see any point in criticizing the cloud concept nowadays. Like it or not, this is what our era is made of. Not that I do not have concerns. Quite the contrary. Problem is, we should have probably thought twice a decade ago before accepting this model. I am afraid it is a bit too late now. And, frankly, Old Prop Solutions having my personal data or requiring an access to Internet is the last of my concerns, when my whole life is basically available to governments.

That being said, I would be much more interested to discover which is real innovation in this product. I watched the AirDailyX presentation after watching a couple of teasers and, with all due respect, I still can't see anything that I can't do already with Ezdok, expect for a nice user interface which is supposed to make the simmer's life easier. I confess I am always disturbed by fanfare and wishful thinking that create high expectations (wouldn't be the first case here), but maybe it is me who is too dumb to see the difference.

Since the developer appears to be monitoring this thread, I would be very glad if he could enlighten me and provide some examples to convince me to buy it. For the records, I am an happy user of PrecipitFX and Lear 35A Immersion, so no sarcasm or bashing should be seen in my words. Only a simple request of information.

Thanks in advance.