Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Chase Plane now available

I seriously do wonder what you expected to get, really...? What made you buy this? You could have known what you were getting...?

+1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I saw a video I needed to see, purchased and I am already setting up my 737NGX.   See ya EZDOK.   So much easier to install, setup and get going.. and this is just the Alpha!    Stop your bellyaching and snag this bad boy while it's price is low.    TrackIR will come!   Get this now while the price is where it's at.   You can always continue to use EZDOK until TrackIR comes online.    I have been in this software for 10 minutes and have already figured it out and I am loving it.    Can't imagine how powerful this will be later on when it's full v1.0.    Now.. if only it could fix my OOMs while inside the 737NGX.. :P

I purchased an Xbox Controller at Walmart for about $20 just to use with Chase Plane, and HOLY SMOKES.... it was absolutely a night and day difference!  HIGHLY recommended!

+1! Exactly this. For anyone who is twiddling their thumbs about it, just view the preview videos from the likes of Froogle or Jordan King or others. As mentioned its easy to use, but you cant buy it and in 15 minutes say its useless. Set it up properly as its intended and use it for a flight or two and then make your opinion. You cant do that in 15 minutes.

I use TrackIR as well, but since its not implemented yet, im just using the middle mouse pan around look for hat switch for the time being.  Ezdok was great for its time, and is now barely supported and has alot of issues. Time to move on to something modern, cleaner, easier and refreshing.

• Upvote 3

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I don't think you get what ChasePlane is... Have a look at the features list on the product page and tell me what features only for "potential video makers" And by the way, it's $39 for an Alpha + Full Version + Free Updates after v1. So I don't think it's that expensive.

EZDok is $34.95 right now.

ChasePlane is $39 (If you own many of our products, it's actually $35.10)

For that $4 difference ($0.15 with discount) and you get most of EZDok's features in a better UI, with better controls, etc...

Hi Keven,

as an owner of two OldProp Solutions products, I guess I will probably qualify for a $35.10 purchase price. However, this changes very little my view at the moment.  As I explained at post #69 and in other posts in this thread, Ezdok is working fine for me. There are two features, however, that I am missing there:

1. support for full screen in FSX Steam

2. control of Z-axis for camera bank angle in taildraggers and older GA aircraft leke Cessna C310R, B55 and alike.

Neither 1. nor 2. are currently supported by ChasePlane. I don't use TrackIR, so I can survive until Q1 2017 without it, but honestly I see no point in purchasing this addon as long as those two basic features are supported, if they ever will. Moreover, the fact that the final release will be marketed at a higher price is far from being encouraging.

I will keep an eye open on this thread and your future developments and I will be happy to reconsider my decision if and when something that I consider really new will be added to your feature list. As it is, it's a complete no-go for me, sorry.

Once Track IR works with it it will be okay.

But, while flying I cannot very well let go of the stick to look around in VC, and the hat switch is locked in VC with CP running, I guess I can reach over and hit a key on the keyboard and switch it off.

I set several nice VC views similar to the old style 2d views we used to have.

Outside one can pan with the mouse, then tilt with the joystick, and set nice views.

What is the main thing, panning smoothly for video, or setting up new view points?

I have not given up on it, but yes, one can decide in 15 minutes that they wish they had put $25 with the $40 they spent for this on a Flight 1 GTN 750 which will now still be in my wish list even longer.

Just got caught up in the hoopla and excitement surrounding this all of a sudden.

I may fall in love with it eventually, but right now I am kicking myself, "Why did I buy something to look around with, when for $25 more I could have finally had the GTN 750?"

I am disappointed with myself, not the program, it is what it is meant to be.

I love flying in VC with Track IR with a stick, to use this I have to fly with my right hand, let go of the stick, and look around with my mouse, I am basically back to my early FS days before Track IR when in VC, remember holding the space bar and using the mouse, hat switch?

Oops, the hat switch is locked, can't use it.

I will watch and learn and experiment and maybe come up with some cool stuff.

But for flying from here to there, are just in general it will be off so I can use Track IR in the VC, and the hat switch outside.

Here is my issue right now:

I start up a flight, and can look around and get everything set, then point the view straight forward, then grab the stick and take off, then after trimming the plane of setting the autopilot I can  use the mouse to look around, which feels so unnatural to me.

With Track IR I look down, turn on the switches, bump the starter, look over and adjust my levers, look at the radios and set them, etc...

Look ahead, add throttle, look off to the side, trim while I look around with natural head movements etc...

That said I will be able to set up great view points, such as in the back seats of my beautiful Carenado planes and jets and use the mouse to look about from the passengers perspective without having to hold shift and backspace forever to get there, and then lose it when changing the view.

And I can see some smooth outside view panning in videos in the future.

Is worth it, I guess, just having a little buyers remorse.

As far as the 360 controller, I can use the arrow buttons, but my neck injury and resulting nerve damage make using the gimbals impossible, I put my thumb on them and I am all over the place, lol.

I try to hold them with my fingertips, but it hurts so bad within 30 seconds that I have to quit.

Let me know how this works with the controller though someone please.

Aaron Tirrell

I know that I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this opinion, but I really think some devs are going crazy when settting their prices. 39 bucks for a alpha version. So the final version will most likely be around the 50 or even 60 dollar mark. Seriously? For a camera add-on? The PMDG NGX for FSX is 69,99. And you want people to pay 50 dollars for a camera add-on? Funny thing is that people don't even complain about it and just pay. Crazy days...

• Upvote 5

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I know that I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this opinion, but I really think some devs are going crazy when settting their prices. 39 bucks for a alpha version. So the final version will most likely be around the 50 or even 60 dollar mark. Seriously? For a camera add-on? The PMDG NGX for FSX is 69,99. And you want people to pay 50 dollars for a camera add-on? Funny thing is that people don't even complain about it and just pay. Crazy days...

Who said $50 or $60?

Surely we don't want to charge this high for a Camera application.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Who said $50 or $60?

Nobody gave an exact number, but you said that the $39 for the Alpha version is discounted from the regular price. So I wouldn't expect $40 as the final price... ;-)

Anyways. In my very personal opinion, I think even 40 dollars is completely overpriced for what the add-on does (EZDok was also completely overpriced). Especially compared to add-ons like the one I mentioned. Nevertheless, we live in a free world and of course you are absolutely free to set whatever price you think is appropriate. And I wish you success with the product. I just won't buy it because I feel it is way too expensive.

• Upvote 4

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Nobody gave an exact number, but you said that the $39 for the Alpha version is discounted from the regular price. So I wouldn't expect $40 as the final price... ;-)

Anyways. In my very personal opinion, I think even 40 dollars is completely overpriced for what the add-on does (EZDok was also completely overpriced). Especially compared to add-ons like the one I mentioned. Nevertheless, we live in a free world and of course you are absolutely free to set whatever price you think is appropriate. And I wish you success with the product. I just won't buy it because I feel it is way too expensive.

To put my 2c on the table .....

Paying $50 for a small addon airport -  I would consider expensive - even if its a well made airport -  for the simple reason that I will never fly to/from the airport every single time I fly.  I may only fly into/out of it once every few months.   A camera application will be used every time I fly - regardless of where I fly.  In that sense the price charged is reasonable.  

We've all been on our soap boxes about an easy-to-use but powerful camera application to replace EZDOk and I think Chaseplane has come up with the goods.  Once TIR is integrated, I'm buying it.    

It'll be a must have.

Funny thing is that people don't even complain about it and just pay. Crazy days...

I complained about it.  :wink: I also said that imho prices for flightsim addons are getting higher and higher and more and more I think they have become too high for me. So I simply hardly buy addons anymore.

I complained about it.  :wink: I also said that imho prices for flightsim addons are getting higher and higher and more and more I think they have become too high for me. So I simply hardly buy addons anymore.

I agree with you. I am trying to keep 2 Sims (X-Plane and FSX) and I confess with this prices is impossible have both. I decided to stay with P3D because I already spend a lot of money with addons.

See the example below:

In 2014 I bought SkyMaxx Pro v2 for US$ 40, in 2015 SkyMaxx Pro v3 for US$ 20 and Real Weather Connector for US$ 20 and Now I have to pay again more US$ 20 to SkyMaxx Pro v4.

Price SkyMaxx = 40 + 20 + 20 + 20 = US$ 100. Crazy heim? For the same product.

• Upvote 2

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Quite a few people on the P3D Facebook page have already purchased Chase Plane, and so far, everyone really likes it. Installs easily and within 15 minutes they are flying with new camera settings that are easy to set up and look great. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

It locked up the left ailerons for me somehow and I could not fly until I shut down CP.

The new views are fine, but for me this is a $40 waste of money that will hardly ever be used, I will try it again when it is compatible with Track IR.

Aaron Tirrell

Quite a few people on the P3D Facebook page

Gaaawd Bob,  Ya really do love that Facebook don't ya !  :smile:

It's getting great reviews alright 

I am finished.

Tried to start a flight, waited for CP to update, got it all set up and accidentally closed CP, no biggie, started it up and waited for it to update again, then set up the pan and tilt views to my hat switch so I could fly right handed and had no left aileron.

I then deleted the bindings for the views and still had no aileron, had no left aileron until I closed CP again.

Then after 30 minutes of this nonsense I started Track IR and flew for a bit.

ORBX Innsbruck and the Flight 1 GTN 750 are my two must haves, I will try to resist these band wagon hyped up gotta have it threads where everyone gets worked into a lather and have their CC's at the ready.

I set myself back 2 more months at least on getting the GTN 750, something I would love to learn and tinker with, for this useless to me program that I never really care to open again, even if it is ever compatible with Track IR.

You can set up different viewpoints, woo hoo.

While screwing up your ability to look around with the hat switch.

What, does every single other person out there fly with a yoke with their left hand, or use a mouse with their right hand?

Am I the only simmer who flys with a joystick, and find it a huge pain to fly and use the mouse to look around with the same hand?

The hat switch, and Track IR does everything I will ever need to do, I cannot believe I even considered this program.

The videos look good, but I cannot use a 360 controller, and cannot manipulate a mouse to look around.

I hate this, this is my worst purchase in at least $25 years, period.

That's what I get for impulse buying.

$40 = dog and cat food for a month, 600 miles in the car, oil change, weeks worth of food, or...

A download that after opening 4 times will likely never be used again, a total waste.

If it were hardware, or even on a disc I could take it out back and shoot it up with my Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader 12 gauge until it is dust to calm my nerves, but it isn't, so I will have to seethe and rage, and brood for days or weeks until it finally eases, with zero ability to take my frustration out on anything physical.

• Upvote 1

Aaron Tirrell

I hate this, this is my worst purchase in at least $25 years, period.

That's what I get for impulse buying.

$40 = dog and cat food for a month, 600 miles in the car, oil change, weeks worth of food, or...

A download that after opening 4 times will likely never be used again, a total waste.

We get it.

NAX669.png