Sign in to follow this  
Vinny002

DC-6 and X-plane11

Hi, guys!

I understand that the X-plane 11 is coming out on the holiday of this year. I wonder if DC-6 will work on X-plane 11? Thanks!

Cheers

Vincent

I do not have any graphical problems of what I've seen and it works with X-Plane 11. Though there are some quirks that need to be fixed (and if I do remember them right, these are the same problems as in X-Plane 10).

* Garmin GPS knobs are extremely sensitive

* OBS knob is irratic when turning it (sometimes jumps +- 20 degrees) and is also quite sensitive.

Just a heads-up that the DC-6 seems to be working in XP11 public beta 1 with only 1 bigger caveat: pressurization state and cabin altitude and rate of change are not picked up by the XP11 systems, leading to oxygen starvation and blackouts above 12000ft or so. In the following screenshot, taken in cruise at 15000ft the gauges display the a/c pressurization system set to the cruise altitude (15000) and the cabin altitude set and indicated to around 5000ft with zero rate of change, however the XP11 datarefs, displayed at the top right corner, bottom section, display a cabin altitude of 15000 with fluctuating vertical rate of change:

yLls6tQ.png

Also as expected there are some minor graphical issues with reflections on the fuselage and gauges, due to the new PBR rendering system.

Finally as XP11 is 64-bit only, I had to delete the 32-bit plugins from the "plugin" folder, as they caused random crashes. The 64-bit versions load and work fine.

I know the devs are probably not soliciting feedback at this early beta stage, but just wanted to give some info to other users who might be wandering: the compatibility prospects for our favourite aircraft look quite good, hopefully it wouldn't be too much work to produce an update when the simulator is finally released.

Here's another XP11 external shot: 

0fMJIXK.png

P.S. To preempt any criticism: I intentionally didn't switch the superchargers on this flight as it had a very short planned cruise at only 15000 and then descent

• Upvote 2

Also to note is that some buttons (CLR button is one of them) do not work on the 3D Garmin. But it works on the 2D panel, so your not too much handicapped.

Great! I have that wonderful bird installed in version 10.51 and it works just fine.

When trying to install into x-Plane 11.00pb1 the installer did not offer that option, it only wanted to de-install or repair my XP10 installation...

As I did not want either of those options I simply copied tzhe PMDG directory over into XP11 and was able to load the plane without errors. However, the instruments are all dead....

So, how did you get the plane installed into the latest beta version? 

Thanks you for your help.

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot

check out this video of the PMDG DC6 in xplane 11

Do I have to uninstall my XP-10 version before using the installer to put it in XP-11?  It seems from the comments in your link, that the installer is the way to go rather than a copy and paste.

John

John Wingold

Do I have to uninstall my XP-10 version before using the installer to put it in XP-11?  It seems from the comments in your link, that the installer is the way to go rather than a copy and paste.

John

im not sure John better to ask on that facebook group or support PMDG.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

better to ask on that facebook group or support PMDG

I suspected that you might not and I thank you for your response, but scandinavian13 seems to be active on this site and will probably respond.  Love this plane and would love to be able to use it with XP-11, but it works great on XP-10 and I can just go there if this is not an option.  I got what I paid for and am happy with that.

John

John Wingold

After some experimenting and help from this forum I got it to work in XP11 with a symbolic link to the installed version in XP10.

At first I wanted to install the plane directly into XP11, but the PMDG installer only offered repair or de-install options....

In case you are not familiar with symlinks, simply do this:

Open a command prompt as administrator in Windows and go to your XP11 aircraft directory, then issue the command

mklink /J "DC-6" "I:\Games\X-Plane 10\AIrcraft\PMDG\DC-6" and press ENTER.

This should do it for you as it did for me... All works fine in XP11 and in addition I saved some HD space in the process ;-)

Hope this helps.

Juergen Vollmer

Thanks Scorpio47

John

My pleasure, I got helped myself and just give it on...

Enjoy flying that beautiful oldie (I am one myself, too... :fool: )

Juergen Vollmer