Sign in to follow this  
Vinny002

DC-6 and X-plane11

Everything works great in X plane 11 if you install it using the Installer, the only problem I have is it doesnt pressurise, so as long as you stay below 13000 feet it runs beautifully.

regards,

Brendan

Hey Everyone,

FYI

I Just noticed in XP11 beta 8 that I am no longer getting blackouts at higher altitudes. Just flew at 15500 without blackout...

Ken Losurdo

How do you install a second copy of this plane into the X-Plane 11 folder?  When I unzip and run the installer, it tries to repair / update my XP10 installation, and I don't have the option to install a new copy.

Thanks!

-edit-

The other thread says to just copy the XP10 folder to XP11, but others are saying that this causes problems.  Just wondered how everyone had done it?  Thanks!

Evan Purcell

Hi everyone,

Hey Everyone,

FYI

I Just noticed in XP11 beta 8 that I am no longer getting blackouts at higher altitudes. Just flew at 15500 without blackout...

Ken Losurdo

Still not working for me, when I pass through  FL 170 the cabin altitude passes 14000 ft und the screen starts to grey out. 

But i found a workaround in this Thread http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/113695-repeating-hypoxia/&page=2

However, you need to have Fly with LUA Version 2.5.1 installed, which you can get here:http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/35579-flywithlua-for-x-plane-11-and-10-windows-linux-mac-os-x-version/DC-6_1.jpg.4d4b5281e58da7a89e1cb0cb58dd9

DC-6_2.jpg.695a055c11f7eb104240cacea265f

The other thread says to just copy the XP10 folder to XP11, 

I did exactly this and it works fine for me

Bjoern Christ

Hello everybody,

can anybody tell me if there will be a native X-Plane 11 Version of the Cloudmaster DC-6 ? I am really looking forward buying that beautiful plane, but I don't want to spend money twice in case there will be a native X-Plane 11 Version of the DC-6 (V2.0) in a few weeks. So should I wait and see what happens or can I go straight forward buying the current version and being able to upgrade in the future ?

Thanks for replys in advance !

I'm actually trying to determine the same, and can't find an answer.

I'd happily buy the DC-6 today if they told me it would be updated for XP11, but if they won't ever update or will charge for a v2, no point buying at this point.

PMDG, any word on this?  I think a lot of us would love to buy a copy now if we know it will be updated!

Thanks!

Allen Douglas

• Upvote 1

Now that XP11 is final are there any plans to update this plane?   I loaded it up last night and everything seems to be working for me, the only thing I've noticed is the reflections on the haulage faces are a bit more noticeable, probably from the new lighting engine, thus making it a bit hard to read some of the gauges.  Is this something that would be addressed in an update or is there a setting that I have overlooked.   Thanks!

Joe Catino 

Joseph Catino

Does DC-6 will be updated for XP11 or there will be separate dedicated version?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

On 21/02/2017 at 9:36 AM, be77solo said:

I'm actually trying to determine the same, and can't find an answer.

I'd happily buy the DC-6 today if they told me it would be updated for XP11, but if they won't ever update or will charge for a v2, no point buying at this point.

PMDG, any word on this?  I think a lot of us would love to buy a copy now if we know it will be updated!

Thanks!

Allen Douglas

I too would like to buy now, but need assurance that I can upgrade to the XP11 version at no extra cost.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

It works fine in the final XP-11 release for me.  Just a copy and paste from XP-10.

I did not fly at high altitudes, so I didn't test that.

John

John Wingold

On ‎05‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 2:03 PM, Old_As_Dirt said:

It works fine in the final XP-11 release for me.  Just a copy and paste from XP-10.

No wrong reflections on the fuselage?

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

23 hours ago, MarioDonick said:

Can't say... I fly in the cockpit.  I will check.

John

John Wingold

On 4/8/2017 at 7:14 AM, MarioDonick said:

None that I can see...  I tried to post an image but Avsim doesn't like the link.

John

John Wingold

I would purchased it right now if PMDG confirm that XP11 update will be free

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI