Sign in to follow this  
Vinny002

DC-6 and X-plane11

Was there any statement from PMDG at any point?

I've searched, found a few rumours but nothing "official", though I'm pretty sure they said their intentions regarding X-Plane 11.

Tom Ross

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

OK, I guess there wasn't any :p

Tom Ross

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Just look a the comments for this news/message at PMDG:s Facebook:s page.

No mentions at all for X-Plane, I think they have given up or something else happened. I love the PMDG DC-6, but there is no update for it on XP11, and even though I filed a bug-report concerning the mouse-UI erratic behavior on XP10, no fix or update has been provided. I'm currently very disappointed, as I do not fly the machine anymore because of the lack of support for XP11 and non-fixed bugs, but I respect their decision to ignore the X-Plane community if they do not want to develop for X-Plane (which I find very strange), but not the way the feeling they just have abandoned an aircraft I bought from them.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Vantskruv said:

Just look a the comments for this news/message at PMDG:s Facebook:s page.

You might want to check out this thread (posted later).

The next thing you might expect from us is an update to the XPL DC-6 based upon any changes/fixes we implemented product-wide during wrap up of development in the FSX/P3D environments.

Thanks for the link!

OK, at least that's clear for us now.

Yeah, didn't think of checking Facebook back then, for me it's a friend/social platform and not a product advertisment medium ;)

Tom Ross

I now also bought X-Plane 11.
I would have intresse at the DC6.
Will there be an update for X-Plane 11 or what is planned ?

The lack of comment from PMDG is not a good sign. The DC-6 developer isn't part of the usual PMDG dev team, so the work on their other products shouldn't impact DC-6 development/updates.

I really hope they update the -6. I can't believe it is a huge task as it works 99.9%. The major items I found so far include:

* BMEP possibly incorrect due to enhanced prop model in XP11
* Manifold pressure, at least at idle on the ground, is too high. Possibly slightly high throughout the flight envelope
* Carb heat levers do not move when assigned to an axis <<< need to check
* Instrument glass reflections are too strong, but fixed by turning on the white panel light even in daytime. Other aircraft suffer this too, so possibly an XP11 issue.

I haven't experienced the pressurization bug others report - I do NOT suffer blackout at altitude with a correctly set panel.

I haven't tested to see if anti-icing systems work.

Otherwise, the aircraft works very well in 11 as it is.

Rob Smith.

16 hours ago, CloudSurfer said:

The lack of comment from PMDG is not a good sign. The DC-6 developer isn't part of the usual PMDG dev team, so the work on their other products shouldn't impact DC-6 development/updates.

I believe all DC-6 development effort right now is being put toward getting it released for the FSX\P3D platforms. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

On 18.7.2017 at 3:17 AM, CloudSurfer said:

I really hope they update the -6. I can't believe it is a huge task as it works 99.9%. The major items I found so far include:

* Manifold pressure, at least at idle on the ground, is too high. Possibly slightly high throughout the flight envelope
* Carb heat levers do not move when assigned to an axis <<< need to check
* Instrument glass reflections are too strong, but fixed by turning on the white panel light even in daytime. Other aircraft suffer this too, so possibly an XP11 issue.

I haven't experienced the pressurization bug others report - I do NOT suffer blackout at altitude with a correctly set panel.

I haven't tested to see if anti-icing systems work.

Otherwise, the aircraft works very well in 11 as it is.

Rob Smith.

I would add PBR compatibility to your list.

Find my free liveries for REPped aircraft models on:

banner_c210_1.png

I believe all DC-6 development effort right now is being put toward getting it released for the FSX\P3D platforms.

Ahh - cool!

I would add PBR compatibility to your list.

It will look INCREDIBLE afterwards!

Rob Smith.

On 7/17/2017 at 6:17 PM, CloudSurfer said:

Rob Smith.

Regarding this issue, I'm not sure about the prop model, BUT from my own experiments the BMEP is accurate it's the lack of additional power caused by moving into high supercharger. All you get is a MAP boost. I pulled up the engine data in XP11's overlay and when you flip the Supercharger switches you get a boost to MAP but no change in power but the damage model still takes into account the overboost. the results dictate you decrease the throttle to decrease the MAP which actually puts you at a lower power than in low supercharger. it robs about 500hp/engine if you go into high and then reduce to the appropriate MAP setting.

I'm trying to research this issue a bit more but i think the code may lie in the pmdg dll.