Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

CYTZ Toronto runway terrain bumps oddity? duplicate buildings

I have a bit of a mystery.. for some reason at CYTZ, even when i set my scenery.cfg back to its "bare" state.. i have mini hills all over the runway.  Clearly a terrain issue/elevation.

I run with GEX + UTX and used to have vector enabled in scenery but now dont.. i tried reenabling vector and doing the elevation wizard.. no joy.. i tried to exclude cytz in the list too, it doesnt even show up in the list to be disabled in the first place (or enabled).

I noticed i had two files in my scenery world scenery folder related to cytz.. i tried disabling them but no luck.

At some point i installed a few different freewares for toronto, then flytampa toronto.. in any case as mentioned, even disabling all these and going back to "stock" on scenery.cfg still shows the oddity.

Any thoughts on what to do to clear this up?

Thanks in advance

Quick update..

the two files i found in scenery world scenery:

AFX_CYTZ_ALT.bgl  and CYTZ_ADEX_AN_ALT.BGL

Turns out if i disabled the first one, nothing changed, but if i disabled both, its flat again.

I'm not sure what the difference in the two files might be, but it did seem to work.

Now that the runway is fixed, i'm realizing i have duplicate buildings in the city for some reason (two Towers for instance).. not visible in the clean scenery file, but visible in my full version, unsure why.. most  likely a rampant scenery entry i'm guessing.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

it turned out the issue was ftx global airports NA..

If i have just the defaults for scenery, all is good.. but once you check off global airports.. you end up with two of various objects.. even if put low in the scenery order.

Unsure why this might be.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

When I installed the CanadaSim CYTZ, I had the duplicate Towers with FTX Vector, Base and the freeware packs installed.  I disabled the two files that you did, and put the CYTZ scenery to the top of my order and it's fine.  I DO have the runway bumps though, so maybe I'll check and make sure those files are still disabled.

I don't have FlyTampa CYYZ installed, just FYI.

When I installed the CanadaSim CYTZ, I had the duplicate Towers with FTX Vector, Base and the freeware packs installed.  I disabled the two files that you did, and put the CYTZ scenery to the top of my order and it's fine.  I DO have the runway bumps though, so maybe I'll check and make sure those files are still disabled.

I don't have FlyTampa CYYZ installed, just FYI.

Odd that you still have the bumps though..

Yeah now that i put the freeware ftx NA at the bottom and everything else up top i'm golden.

Shame there is no real good toronto scenery (or Pittsburgh, PA for that matter :)  )  though.. i just got VFR X.. about as close as you can get i guess.. with some elevation / weird issues.

Where did you put the NA FTX freeware in the scenery library?

I had to place it on the bottom, so it was the first "addon" airport in the list, that way if anything "better" was installed, they would supplant it, being higher in the order.  In my case just above the UTX and default entries.

I finally got back to this one.. and it seems like on runway 08, as you roll down the run way, you hit an invisible wall and the plane crashes.. anyone else run into this