Sign in to follow this  
hohum

Looking for a place to post and socialize with fellow X-Plane users

The org forums are currently under an extremely oppressive and hostile mod regime.   Hope I have better luck on avsim.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The org forums are currently under an extremely oppressive and hostile mod regime.   Hope I have better luck on avsim.

I commiserate. I too find some other forums a bit hostile at times. I often wonder why. Avsim is one of the better ones, so you should be ok here.

What exactly did you post or what was said to you to give you that impression of the org? For the most part it is a good and knowledgable community, but of course like anywhere there are a few bad eggs. 

• Upvote 2

What exactly did you post or what was said to you to give you that impression of the org? For the most part it is a good and knowledgable community, but of course like anywhere there are a few bad eggs. 

Some of them tend to be a bit hostile towards newcomers. Questions that might be blindingly obvious to us experienced users are commonly shot down, sometimes by one or two of the admins. This is not good for two reasons, first, X-Plane.org by its very name suggests that it is affiliated with X-Plane.com even though it's not.  Secondly, we need to be encouraging and helping newcomers, not putting them off for life. 

As you say Tony, the majority are very helpful and knowledgable, however there are a few bad apples, and they seem to make themselves known more than the many good people there. 

• Upvote 4

As long as one follows our policies in the AVSIM Terms of Service there should be no problems.  I worry a lot when someone's 4th post is basically a threat to AVSIM.  We'll see how things go....

Yes, funny indeed. Some people think all the world is against them just to find out that it's only them against the world.