Sign in to follow this  
luismol1999

Help with Airus X MCDU and PMDG 737 and 777 FMC!

Good morning everybody!

Some days ago, I bought Airbus X (all four aircraft) and PMDG 737 and 777, now it is driving me crazy!

Can someone teach me how to program all 6 aircraft  correctly and engage the autopilot too?

-Specs-

i3 3250

10GB DDR3 1600

GTX 750ti PNY

There is a load of documentation that came with all those addons, just grab a coffee and read through the provided doc's.

You have bought some very complex and expensive addons, it was never going to be easy.

Everything you need is in the documentation or on YouTube vids.

If I'm not mistaken both developers have tutorials included as part of the documentation. Those will help a lot but as Glynn says these are complex add-ons (especially the PMDG ones which are considered study aircraft).

Don't for a moment think that learning how to programme the Boeing FMC will automatically make you proficient in the Airbus MCDU as well. Turning on the autopilot is is a simple push of a button in all three aircraft but Otto depends on what has been programmed into the flight computers. Remember GIGO. Garbage in, garbage out.

Forget everything you think you knew about operating jetliners (the default FSX ones leave a lot to be desired - and that's putting it mildly). You spent a lot of money. Now you'll have to invest a LOT of time learning to fly them correctly. Just kicking the tyres and blasting off (although possible) would be a disservice to the developers and a major waste of money on your part.

There are a lot of resources online that will teach you how to operate these aircraft. Take your time, do your research and you shall be rewarded eventually.

Good luck and enjoy!

P.S. On the subject of YouTube vids. There is a lot of rubbish floating around. Be very selective about what you view. Also, read through the forums of both developers. That will be information you can trust.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

The Airbus has a complete step-by-step tutorial. Use it. The PMDG aircraft also has a very good tutorial that will get you going if you simply follow through it. Both aircraft have extensive documentation. 

DJ