Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

TrackIR 5 problems in W10

Can't access imported profiles such as 'Seth' present in the profiles folder with W10?

Any advise please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

"Can't access imported profiles..."

I'm afraid your problem description is a little vague to me. How did you import the profile if you can't access it?

As far as I know (W10 and TIR5 user myself), you have to drop your "Seth - Flight.xml" in the program files. More precise:

If you have a 64-bit Windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Profiles

If you have a 32-bit Windows:

C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Profiles

Navigate to this folder via the File Explorer and copy the xml there.

If I did not understand your problem well, let it know.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

Thank you for helping Vital.

Yes in 64 bit that is exactly where it is but I find that W10x64 will not allow the profile to be loaded and does not see it while browsing.

It wasn't a problem while using W7x64.

I wondered if there's a setting I don't know about. I have been using TrackIR since TIR4 and reviewed the only free copy of the appliance so I'm no novice to them. ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Can't access imported profiles such as 'Seth' present in the profiles folder with W10?

Any advise please?

Hi,

I previously had the same problem when I upgraded to windows 10. I did a web search and found this solution that worked for me Natural Point forum.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I previously had the same problem when I upgraded to windows 10. I did a web search and found this solution that worked for me Natural Point forum.

When using 5.3 your profiles are stored in a different location. Profiles are stored in the directory "%AppData%\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Profiles".

Thank you so much Phil-J

Dave Taylor gb.png

I just looked at the TrackIR version and it says 5.4 so that explains why I misled you to the Program Files folder. :)

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

I just looked at the TrackIR version and it says 5.4 so that explains why I misled you to the Program Files folder. :)

No probs. Thanks for trying. ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png