Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Wow! Dan's Kodiak!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wow, they really pushed XP10's tech with this plane. It's definitely nice to have stuff like reflections on the current platform, especially for folks like me who probably won't upgrade to X-Plane 11 for another year or so until most of the major bugs get worked out.

Looks incredible! A quality bush plane is a must have for me in any case, and this one will undoubtedly be an excellent one.

It's a shame that Dan had to put so much effort into developing those plugins and to work against LR due to stubborness on their part (the torque bug is just one example). But on the whole his efforts have surely contributed to making XP better, and we the simmers can only benefit from it.

• Upvote 4

Oh my... that's stunning, both in looks and features. Absolutely stunning. One could focus on just one or two of those features and be impressed, but scrolling through his post and they just keep coming....

The customizable per livery reflections, the livery generator, the iPad controlled electric tug (is he meaning an actual remote app just for tug operation? or just a simulated iPad on the screen?), the weight and balance manager, the visible cargo, engine failure modeling with sounds...

On the surface it looks like this sets a higher bar not just for X-Plane, but right across all the various sim platforms.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Here is a direct link to the relevant post (to prevent you from thinking 'What the heck am I reading this old topic for!' :wink: )

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/57240-quest-kodiak/&do=findComment&comment=1071802

But indeed: wow! I wonder btw if the inside of the cockpit also has true reflections? (Doest XP11 offer that?) I love those reflection I see everywhere but I always stay in the cockpit so it is mostly wasted on me. I do however absolutely hate the baked in reflections I have in my current (P3D) planes. Awfull. Anyway, back to the Kodiak: I might even get XP11 just for this plane alone.

The Kodiak looks stunning!  Am very excited for the release.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Woah that was fast.  I'm wondering about the G1000 if anyone get's it.  I bought the G1000 pack for the Carenado T206 and it killed my performance.  It looks like the same device.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm wondering about the G1000 if anyone get's it. I bought the G1000 pack for the Carenado T206 and it killed my performance. It looks like the same device.

It shouldn't be too bad. I have the DA-42, which was (I think) the most recent Carenado/Alabeo release with a G1000, and they did a good job in getting it decent. The product page on the DA-42 details some of the changes, and I believe there's a thread on the .org forums about it as well. There's still a small performance penalty to be had for it (for my rig), and a small pause when the aircraft loads, but it wasn't anything I found to be excessive.

But of course, that's all just conjecture until a few people take the plunge on the Kodiak and report back.

I can't perfectly recall, but I seem to remember that the G1000 was missing some features. But for the type of flying I used the DA-42 for I found it acceptable. The Kodiak will be much the same - the areas where I plan on flying it, I just need a map and a general idea of where I'm going.

I'm still on an enforced simming 'break' still, haven't fired up a sim for flying in over a month, but man oh man, it looks like I'm going to have a bit of a X-Plane shopping list when I get back.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Yeah I haven't done a lot of XP flying recently.  Mainly P3D.  But now I just bought BF1 - and then I'm buying some more ram this week cause my 8GB isn't cutting it

There's some nice upcoming XP and P3D releases... ohhh the wallet!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Beautiful aircraft. Visuals and sounds are (and I don't use this word often) amazing. The ability to change livery on the fly and even create your own paint while flying is truly innovative and fun. The G1000 feels better than in previous incarnations (although I still notice some glitches here and there).

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir