Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Wow! Dan's Kodiak!

When this plane is being used, I get a stop/start, stop/start in scenery movement.

[...]

Does anybody else have this bug?

I don't have this issue. Performance was a bit below average with version 1.0, and 1.1 seems to have improved it somewhat. But overall it's smooth without any stuttering.

Your issue sounds like a driver problem to me. What kind of hardware do you have?

OK  I may be iliteerate though I think I have read all the documentation.  How can I open this popup that does load and settings and controls views etc.

OK  there is a little arrow right at the edge of the screen.

Harry Woodrow

You're the first one to report this type of behaviour, and I don't think I quite understand it... you're saying, the frame rate is good, but the scenery stutters?

Just to narrow it down, does it make a difference to disable any of the plugins during flight?  How about temporarily removing any of the plugins from the Kodiak's "plugins" folder and restarting X-Plane? (You'll lose the functionality associated with that plugin, but at least it may help narrow down what's causing it).  

Might also be a wonky interaction with another plugin, maybe one that's used for your scenery, or a plugin sitting in the global plugins directory (X-Plane 10>Resources>Plugins").  To get to the bottom of this, I'm afraid you'll have to do some of these mentioned experiments. Otherwise, there's no way for us to even know where to start looking, as we cannot reproduce what you're seeing on our end, nor have we heard reports from others about this behaviour.

Hi Dan...will try out all your remedy suggestions, and will post back to you my findings via PM.   Great plane...and hope to remedy my pulsing animation, asap.  BTW...love the touches like the cabin temperature console.  The sounds from its use...all of it.  Total immersion! :)

BTW, hope there is an amphib edition coming....have that in P3D...use it all the time!

Cheers,

Hi Dan...will try out all your remedy suggestions, and will post back to you my findings via PM.   Great plane...and hope to remedy my pulsing animation, asap.  BTW...love the touches like the cabin temperature console.  The sounds from its use...all of it.  Total immersion! :)

BTW, hope there is an amphib edition coming....have that in P3D...use it all the time!

Cheers,

I hope so too.  It would be very useful.  The co-pilot looks a lot better than the one in the CRJ200. :)   

Nice plane will take a bit of learning but that is good.

Harry Woodrow

There IS an amphibian version coming.  Not sure when, but here's some preview shots:

post-3424-0-93941900-1448576898.jpg.2801ccc8ec5307c1fbcfd65aca4c04dc.jpg

post-3424-0-77609300-1448576907.jpg.b444a737d91f524df2df7977a43e766f.jpg

post-3424-0-33167200-1448576916.jpg.bac4e37a900b755d058f4ffc911b31a4.jpg

post-3424-0-62860700-1448576926.jpg.e63d0f66b835493ef74723e7e7612e4f.jpg

post-3424-0-57587500-1448576927.jpg.ec87af72e17b6fe6427c851ccc0ceddc.jpg

post-3424-0-01903900-1448577539.jpg.130bcb93c340d3acecadd23c8e24a9e9.jpg

• Upvote 6

Cool!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There IS an amphibian version coming. Not sure when, but here's some preview shots:

This will make it perfect for my Alaska adventures! :wub: 

• Upvote 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Posted Today, 03:45 AM
There IS an amphibian version coming.  Not sure when, but here's some preview shots:

Happy days!! Looks like I won't be flying much else in the weeks/months to come! 

Delightful plane to fly, very, VERY immersive.

Should be interesting when the new water comes ! Is 11.0 in beta yet ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

One suggestion - can all those different paints have unique registrations?  And a placard with the N number in the cockpit is really helpful for those of us who fly online.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

One suggestion - can all those different paints have unique registrations?  And a placard with the N number in the cockpit is really helpful for those of us who fly online.

They do already. The tail numbers are dynamic as well, and you can save them along with your livery preview. And the registration number also already shows up on a sticker on the panel, just above the G1000's PFD. Even when you paint a custom livery, to make your call sign show up on the panel's aforementioned sticker, just rename your livery's folder to the desired call sign.

Also, whatever it says on that sticker, that's what the tower will call you when you use ATC, because the call sign dataref gets affected via plugin.

Looking very much forward to the amphibian version. The screenshots look amazing - the detail on the water rudder is just stunning.

The Kodiak has quickly become one of my favorite aircraft to fly. The quality and attention to detail remind me of RealAir products, and that's saying a lot.

I'll probably get it when the amphibian comes out

Will it be a separate package / addon?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Yes. I'm still working on different interiors, which will be sold as a separate add-on package, along with the float version.