Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

L1011 by Mike Stone

Guest ozpilot1

I'm having a problem which has been bugging me for some months (at least six). I have Mike Stones L1011 - wonderful aircraft - but I'm having probs with the weight and balance. I became interested in loading up to MTOW with cargo and doing a few short hops, and again loading up fully fuelled and doing some longer runs - in general just what you'd expect an aircraft to do. However - as it is I'm having probs doing this. I've tried changing the cargo stations, but it seems the only place I can add cargo without it tipping up is right in the cockpit - and then I break a nosewheel on landing. Also probs with pitch stability (but I've changed flight tuning which seems to take care of that) - also probs taking off without pitching up. So ...Has anyone an aircraft config ANDOR airfile which will allow me to fly different runs with different fuelcargo combinations?This would be a good project for anyone who likes tinkering with config and air files.Rgds,ozpilot1

Guest william273

hi, i had his DC10 which i had problems with when taking off. i lowered the fuel settings and it took off just fine after that. you've probably already done that but if not, give it a try. i know you're talking about the L1011 but the DC10 is about the same so it might work. good luck, william

Guest ozpilot1

yes yes yes, thank you, but I really feel the problem is this aircraft needs a good going over with weight and balance. Obviously Mike Stone has got this aircraft flying realistically, I can't fault that and Good Luck! to him, excellent work, but one of the appeals of this aircraft for me was not only to live its golden age when flying passengers, but that it's old enough now for enough of them to be enjoying a second life as a cargo freighter, and it's these aspects I wanted to explore. I've even seen a cargo one (an irregular drop-in) at my local airport, Sydney Intl. I've done a few paints (nothing spectacular) but I'd like to use this aircraft a lot and really explore its capabilities, but I think it needs a lot more tuning than I have the capability for, whether it's COG or whatever.

Guest william273

have you tried emailing him? can't hurt or maybe post it in his forum. you'll probably get an answer there. good luck. william

Mike closed his forum due to time constraints but his website is still open - www.pmstone.com. If in FS9 be sure you have the latest version.

Out of curiosity I dl'd his only 1011 version now under commercial aircraft. I did not see a dedicated version for cargo.The aircraft.cfg is dated March or April 2005. It only has one station which mike usually puts in as average passsenger/crew/cargo. There are no specific cargo stations.What are you using to load cargo?