Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

Using a Logitech G13

Has anyone tried using a gamepad such as a Logitech G13. I wonder if this would work while I wait for Track IR compatibility?

NAX669.png

Is it seen as a "USB game controller" in Windows or does it emulate a keyboard? (Or none of those)

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven,

In Windows 7 it shows up as a HID compliant game controller.

NAX669.png

I can't 100% confirm it but it should work in the current built.

Anyone else has this controller?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I do, but I don't have Chase Plane and don't plan on using it.

I believe use will entirely depend on how you have it setup in the Logitech Gaming Software (LGS). You can set the joystick to act as an analog joystick (X and Y axis), mouse or direction based keys. All other keys/buttons are assigned according to the LGS as well.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I have and purchased your product this morning but have yet to install same hopefully in the morning.  I will be checking the G13 soon after that  -  I hope  :)   Regards.

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Ok, took the plunge. I can confirm that the G13 does work with ChasePlane. I was able to assign the joystick on the G13 to panning and tilt up\down. It's funny because it recognized the G13 but now my Saitek yoke hat switch. Ok, I figure out the hat switch on the yoke.

NAX669.png

In my case, Chaseplane did not recognize or respond to keystrokes assigned to my G13. (Unless a recent update has fixed this issue)

I am running Windows 10.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

I have been looking around for info on how others may have set this up.

I have chase plane and the G13.

The issue i have seen is that from what i can tell, the G-13 is limited to emulated keyboard keys. So while the keypad has G1-22 the most you can do is assign those 22 keys to emulate keyboard keys. Which may be fine if you have a lot of unassigned keys in FSX/P3D. From what i can tell you cannot setup the G13 to send game controller buttons that would be unique. So while i have Joystick, throttle, yoke and suck which all have Dev0 button 1, button 2, button 3, etc.. the G13 doesn't seem to be able to generate Dev4 button 1, button 2, ... button 22. 

I would be very much interested in a way to do this, having the G13 sent unique controller buttons please let me know.

I have looked at trying to do it a number of times for various sims

Just recently purchased the G13 and it is working great with ChasePlane.  As said above, you need to assign keyboard shortcuts to the views or commands you want to view in ChasePlane.  For example, use ctrl+shift+G (or something similar) for zoom in.  Then use the Logitech Game contller software to program the "G-Keys" with the same keyboard command.  I have all my views, pan and zoom, plus taking dcreenshits all assigned to the G13.  Great addition... highly recommend it.

Kevin Sullivan

800driver.jpg