Sign in to follow this  
Keven Menard

[Quick Fix] Aerosoft Airbus

^^^  Good to hear re the Airbus.  I have *temporarily* decided to wait for "the real thing" from the dev, but it is so good to read other experiences and "fixes".  Thanks for a good alternative product.  Regards.

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

The suggested fix for the Aerosoft Airbus did not work for me.

I have found that the Focal camera control works fine if the cockpit view is set to On-Board(ChasePlane) and not Glareshield Main Panel.

I did this by right clicking in the VC view and selecting Cockpit View then On-Board(ChasePlane).

But, if I set the view to Cinematic, or just exit the sim and come back to the Airbus, the default view is set back to Glareshield Main Panel.

Does anyone know how to make the default view On-Board(ChasePlane)? I think that would solve the problem.

I am having the same problem it keeps returning to Glareshield Main Panel instead of On-Board(ChasePlane) when i switch between external and internal views.

I am having the same problem it keeps returning to Glareshield Main Panel instead of On-Board(ChasePlane) when i switch between external and internal views.

I solved it by commenting out all of the Hotkeyselect = statements in the aircraft.cfg file. They now look like this //Hotkeyselect =1.

They are in the // ------------ Internal Camera Defintitions ------------------- section of the aircraft.cfg file for the model you use.

There were many of them. Now it works.

I solved it by commenting out all of the Hotkeyselect = statements in the aircraft.cfg file. They now look like this //Hotkeyselect =1.

They are in the // ------------ Internal Camera Defintitions ------------------- section of the aircraft.cfg file for the model you use.

There were many of them. Now it works.

Lifesaver! thanks for the help man.

Guest Mik75

The zoom doesn´t work for me in the Aerosoft Airbus.

Plus, today upon startup, an update has installed automatically, and therefater, all my control and key bindings were gone or messed up.

The zoom doesn´t work for me in the Aerosoft Airbus.

Plus, today upon startup, an update has installed automatically, and therefater, all my control and key bindings were gone or messed up.

1: Make sure you use it while in On-Board (ChasePlane) view, otherwise it's not going to work.

2: We have updated the keyboard Control system, forcing a reset of control bindings for keys. Apologies for that.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Guest Mik75

1: Make sure you use it while in On-Board (ChasePlane) view, otherwise it's not going to work.

2: We have updated the keyboard Control system, forcing a reset of control bindings for keys. Apologies for that.

Ok, now it works!

Thanks for the fast answer! ;-)

And, no Problem with the new control system. As long as it won´t change with every single new update! ;-)

Keep up the great work!

And, no Problem with the new control system. As long as it won´t change with every single new update! ;-)

I think we're done now hahaha

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Guest Mik75

I think we're done now hahaha

That´s cool!

Not a biggie anyways! ;-)

I really enjoy your software! It enhances my simulator experience significantally!

I use A318 / a319 and A320 / a321 Aerosoft.
After last update the cameras of the exterior stopped working even with the suggested modification. (FSX / Box) :mad:

Can you send you aircraft.cfg and cameras.cfg files to our alpha email address?

Thanks!

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Those fixes are temporary. We plan on working with other developers to make ChasePlane compatible without having to modify configuration files.

If you are having issues with views on the Aerosoft Airbus, follow these steps:

1. Launch your simulator and load an Aerosoft Airbus aircraft
  2. Make sure to disable the View System from the First Officer MCDU (Options > Views)
  3. Close the simulator
  4. Navigate to your SimObjects\Airplanes\(Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base|Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base)\Panel_Fallback\AB_Systems folder
  5. Rename the file called "View.xml" to "View-old.xml"
  6. Restart the simulator and test camera switches using ChasePlane

Issues with another aircraft?

http://www.avsim.com/topic/498124-quick-fix-issues-where-cameras-are-not-changing-properly/page-0

Is there a way to mantain the checklist green info bar? It was very useful and it desappears by disabling the view system

Is there a way to mantain the checklist green info bar? It was very useful and it desappears by disabling the view system

I would like to bump this thread and see how to get aerosofts checklist info bar

I cannot find the aircraft.cfg to apply the hotkey // fix where do i find it!!

Thanks for your help and product..

(also first post on avsim do i have to sign my name?)