Sign in to follow this  
benh320

Stuttering/in sim menu

Hi guys, great job, really love the program. Just two problems, it seems to have introduced some micro stuttering to my sim, I get the same FPS just slight stuttering now (tested with and without) - any suggestions?

Also can not get the in sim menu to work properly, click down my middle mouse button and the menu shows fine but can not select anything else apart from what is shown by default - I have tried using mouse scroll over everything but the menu won't scroll.

Ben

I still have the problem with the mouse button menu in 0.1.15. Cannot choose anything in the menu that comes up when pressing the mouse button.

I still have the problem with the mouse button menu in 0.1.15. Cannot choose anything in the menu that comes up when pressing the mouse button.

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. The arrow on the black circle follows the mouse pointer but I cannot get the menus to move at all and cannot select anything in this menu.

Me too, among many other things causing me to hate this purchase.

Its a Alpha. what do you expect ?

• Upvote 2

Tom Stian Bjerk

Does the in sim menu work for anyone? I'm just curious if it's something in individual systems or if it's across the board.

NAX669.png

Works fine for me, everything scrolls and is selectable.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

The developers are aware of the menu issue. There's an update today. While it doesn't fix this problem they acknowledge that it exists. It has to do with drivers for certain mice.

NAX669.png

Devs should forget the idea to use middle mouse button as a trigger for this menu and allow it to be keybound like anything else, simple. And then they should fix the fact view panning is linked to spacebar + the key you want to use to pan, which prevents you for using spacebar for anything in the sim (ezdok doesn't behave this way, so i lost some freedom here). I want to be able to use middle mouse button for view panning without losing my spacebar.

Now about this thread, there is definitely some strong stuttering going on that's not there with ezdok when panning around, very noticeable if you run vsync'd to 60hz and maintain 60fps (or any 1:1 ratio). If devs aren't using vsync in the first place they would hardly notice it i guess. Honestly, the cluncky dynamic core selection option and the fact you can't chose to run the app on less than 4 cores must go away, i want to be able to run it on a single core seriously. I'm running 6 cores at 4.8ghz with a 1080, i'm locked at 60fps 90% of the time with balanced settings and it's always very smooth, but Chaseplane gives me very noticeable stutters, in the middle of nowhere on default scenery. I really hope devs will find what is causing it.

Guest Mik75

I use a Logitech mouse on which the middle mouse button doesn't exist.

Can I assign the function of it to a different button on a yoke/joystick?

In Ezdok that worked without problems.

I would like to give it a try, but only if that works.

Thanks in advance!

Great utility and love the fresh interface but I'm seeing some micro stuttering during mouse and hat switch panning.

I wonder if it is to do with a conflict between the 'anticipation' slider which is trying to turn the camera while I'm moving it also.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

My sim is buttersmooth as long I dont pan or move the viewpoint, when I do microstuttering occurs, feels like some polling issues...