Sign in to follow this  
Agustin Castro

Carenado cj2 525a FMS does not work ... ¿?

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

Before this, I have looked for all the info in forums and also here. I do not find the solution to this problem. When I fly with the carenado 525a, always, fms navigation does not work correctly, making the plane to go to north (000º) aproximately. I have checked that fms navigation is selected, in green. I have done two departures (SIDs) in two different airports and a same departure more than ten times... , nothing... fms navigation goes the plane to north in the moment I selected it. I have also checked that, for example, that heading navigation is ok, and altitude selection..., everything looks good. What can I do? I have spent more a lot of hours watching some videos, and flying myself and I can not see where the problem is... everything seems ok. 

I have selected FMS nav in NAV/BRG bar. FMS appears in green and active..

Thanks ;):fool:  :fool:  :fool:

I have done two departures (SIDs) in two different airports

Which route / flight plan?

Which SID?

Did you do screenshots of your panel (or video) showing the problem?

With more information another pilot may be able to do the same flight as a test.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

On the far left flight display, that should actually be set to VOR2 - give it a try and tell me if theres any issues.

Now it works, ... I do not know why or how... I begin a new flight, again,... from LEMG, and it is doing the SID perfectly. FMS is selected as navigation mode and "VOR2" appears in the left flight display as you mentioned, nqmurphy. I do not know if "VOR2" was in the ten or more previous flights but now, it is everything ok. I do not understand anything...  

On the far left flight display, that should actually be set to VOR2 - give it a try and tell me if theres any issues.

Do you know if "VOR2" must be there to work properly? 

Do you know if "VOR2" must be there to work properly?

It could be VOR1 e.g.

It means VOR is not active.

If you have intercepted the FMS route .. at the top of the PFD you will see your autopilot status and FMS status.

Glad to hear it is working now.

Best Regards,

Which route / flight plan?

Which SID?

Did you do screenshots of your panel (or video) showing the problem?

With more information another pilot may be able to do the same flight as a test.

I did not give that info because I thought it was not necessary. The same effect in two different airports and with three or more different SIDs show that the problem is not related with this. If the problem had appeared with only one airport or SID, I had explained with more details. Nevertheless, now it works and I can not able to explain why, because I am doing the same as before... CARENADOOOOOOOOOO

Yes, I believe VOR2 must be selected for it to follow your route in the FMS. Not sure why - or if this is even accurate, but it seems to do the trick.

Yes, I believe VOR2 must be selected for it to follow your route in the FMS. Not sure why - or if this is even accurate, but it seems to do the trick.

The Preset can be changed.

Carenado CJ2

VOR 1 Preset

FMS NAV

CJ2-VOR1-FMS_zpsqc19usij.jpg

Best Regards,

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

Before this, I have looked for all the info in forums and also here. I do not find the solution to this problem. When I fly with the carenado 525a, always, fms navigation does not work correctly, making the plane to go to north (000º) aproximately. I have checked that fms navigation is selected, in green. I have done two departures (SIDs) in two different airports and a same departure more than ten times... , nothing... fms navigation goes the plane to north in the moment I selected it. I have also checked that, for example, that heading navigation is ok, and altitude selection..., everything looks good. What can I do? I have spent more a lot of hours watching some videos, and flying myself and I can not see where the problem is... everything seems ok. 

I have selected FMS nav in NAV/BRG bar. FMS appears in green and active..

Thanks ;):fool:  :fool:  :fool:

Yesterday I did a test with the F1 GTN750 as a pop-up. For my test all was ok.

After the test I did not uninstall the F1 GTN750 configuration from the CJ2.

So, today when I did a normal flight in NAV mode the CJ2 flew North!

At first I thought it as the new P3D version I installed v 3.4.14.

So I sent off a problem ticket to Carenado.

Then I recalled the test I did yesterday.

So, I uninstalled the F1 GTN750 configuration from the CJ2.

All ok .. no flying North.

I now closed the support ticket with Carenado ....

Best Regards,