Sign in to follow this  
TonyB

Has anyone tried BEV Fall Textures

Guest PDX Bailey

I see the BEV Fall textures are out, but haven't seen any messages from someone who has tried them. Would be interested in comments from someone who has bought and flew the product. Thank You.

They're great! And it comes with a powerful configuration tool. This ones a no brainer purchase decision.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest JIMJAM

Ive decided to skip fall this year and go straight to winter. It will make a nice down payment on a new plane.

Guest JDKL

Very good! The BEV configurator II is easy to use. Now looking forward to winter.Ed

The BEV textures really do give FS9 new life. Go for it! At $12.00 per volume, you can't go wrong. Best regards, Jeff

not very useful because its basically winter most everywhere, except when it calls on some fall textures during other seasons it is nice to know I have them. I am also looking forward to winter and the night textures, I'm interested to see what they do with the night environment

Do you think BEV is worth it if you already have FSGenesis LC, USA Roads, and FScene with it's newer autogen patch? Wondering if BEV is better, or just different.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest Airtime

>They're great! And it comes with a powerful configuration>tool. This ones a no brainer purchase decision.>>JeffI have the BEV summer pack and have a question about the configurator. It is actually too many choices for this old bird, so I have se it on the default BEV setting and it looks fine. My question is - If I get the Fall package too will FS recognize and choose the correct season or do I have to go into the configurator each time?Hope someone can answer this question, thanks in advance.AT

Guest allcott

>>I have the BEV summer pack and have a question about the>configurator. It is actually too many choices for this old>bird, so I have se it on the default BEV setting and it looks>fine. My question is - If I get the Fall package too will FS>recognize and choose the correct season or do I have to go>into the configurator each time?>>Hope someone can answer this question, thanks in advance.>>ATAs I think it works, the BEV configurator will choose all the seasons and choices at once and install them, so if you add Fall to your existing summer then as long as you run the `Apply Theme` button at least once the textures are permanently loaded into FS and then its down to FS to pluck the textures according to the seasons you set, or date and time you choose to fly in. I do agree that the Configurator could use some more explanation as to how to get the best from it, with that many options. They said they were including the option to included other non-BEV textures as part of the menu selection, but they haven't done that yet, of if they have they haven't explained how to do it! Allcott

Guest Wichita

Still on the fence seeing how in about two more weeks nearly all trees will be bare here in the midwest. LOL,hope their winter textures don't come out in March. Heh he....David

FS will automatically recoginize the correct texture for the season, so you don't have to run the Configuator again after applying a theme for each season. (Right now, just summer and fall).If you do get the fall package, be sure to download the new version 1.02 of Volume I and and follow the instructions in the ReadMe file found in the download zip. Be sure to install the update even if you don't have VOl II :), but you will get some error messages if you don't and try to run Vol II.Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

Allcott,Any textures you have installed before installing BEV, be they default, custom, or any combination, are backed up to a folder called "Backup" in your Bev directory.In the Configuator, any texture that has a Bev option also has a "Pre-Bev" option as well. You can select that and apply it just like any other texture option. Any "Pre-Bev" option you pick will move the that texture number from your "Backup" folder and into FS when you apply the theme.If you wish to try a 3rd party texture after Bev is installed, you can manually copy it to the "Backup" folder. Be aware that this will overwrite whatever other texture are in the backup. You could also try installing a new texture directly into the proper FS folder. If you don't plan on keeping it, you can overwrite it with any other choice in the Configuator, including what's in the "Backup" folder.Ton=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg