Sign in to follow this  
Maury Pratt

Jittering view when panning left or right with hat switch

In the OnBoard Control Bindings I have the Saitek X52 Pro's hat switch bound to pan left (move left) / pan right (move right); and zoom in (up) / zoom out (down). These function ok but not smoothly (as do the selected camera views). I've checked P3D's Options/Controls to be sure nothing else is bound to the hat switch. What else might be causing jittering motion even though the aircraft is parked?

Maury Pratt

Hi Maury,

Is it possible for you to make a very short clip of the issue?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Did you check if the hat switch is assigned in FSUIPC? I had to clear these assignments to avoid the jittering.

Its possible its fighting with another assignment. Im using the xbox controller and had alot of the same. Turns out the panning was on the same axis as the rudder. Be sure to go through all devices and check your assignments so there is nothing conflicting.  My experience anyhow. Nice and smooth now

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Its possible its fighting with another assignment. Im using the xbox controller and had alot of the same. Turns out the panning was on the same axis as the rudder. Be sure to go through all devices and check your assignments so there is nothing conflicting.  My experience anyhow. Nice and smooth now

Exactly, make sure you have no conflicting assignments from within the sim!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Yes FSUIPC was also controlling the hat switch, though I've now cleared and rechecked pan axis, calibration and buttons to blank, the jitter still persists. Also P3D Settings/Options/Controls hat switch settings are completely clear.

I've tried making a recording to post but while replay works while in flight the panel itself doesn't move (camera view changes aren't recorded. What would be a more-or-less simple way to capture this in video?

Maury Pratt

I believe I've discovered the solution: As it happens I've kept EZCamViews installed to use with one of my other (VAS issues) planes, which of course shouldn't be active with any other plane loaded whose views are controlled by Chase Plane. But when I happened to try selecting EZCamViews (mouse right click) instead of the active On Board (Chase Plane) everything now works smoothly.

So it turns out the solution is to uninstall EZCamViews.

Maury Pratt