Sign in to follow this  
Shermann

FSUIPC Braking problems

Hi Everyone, i have aproblem with the A330 by Blackbox. The problem is related the toe brakes. When i press the left toe brake is activated regularly bu twhen i release it the brake s still on. This happen with both brakes and even if i press them together they keep on.

This problem is only with this aircraft all the others the brakes works perfectly- What can cause this problem?

I run FSX-SE on windows 7.

Thanks

Have you ticked the box marked "REV" to reverse the axis to work opposite.

Also calibrate the full brake range in FSUIPC then set the slope to +15.  This works great for me.

Sean Green

i have ticked rev and slope to +15 and again when i press the pedal the brak is on even when i release it

Did you calibrate through windows your controller?

If so reset to default on the Windows game controller screen.

Sean Green

If you are using FSUIPC to assign/calibrate controllers then dont touch the Saitek software. First go to windows/devices and printers and calibrate your controlers through that. Then start your sim and use FSUIPC.

When calibrating brake axes with FSUIPC , tick the REV box, use a slope if you wish, but make sure you leave a null zone of say 10% of travel. This prevents the brakes being applied when you take your feet off the toe pedals.

Peter Schluter

How do i apply a null zone with the toe brakes ? Can u suggest what values ? I think the full range of my pedals is 16834 if i remember good in positive and negative.

How do i apply a null zone with the toe brakes

I simply stick a book under the back of the pedals while calibrating the max/min values in Fsuipc.

Would it be a problem for u to tell me what values u have in the FSUIPC.Ini file for the toe brakes so that i try editing the file with ur same values to see if i am abe to solve the problem?

LeftBrake=-16384,-2643/16
SlopeLeftBrake=15
RightBrake=-16384,-2643/16
SlopeRightBrake=15

really very kind thanks a lot i will try it and let u know, but should not  the second value be positive? 

It depends on how far you want your toe brakes to tilt forward before the differential breaking starts, those values are taken directly from my Fsuipc.ini and rev is ticked.

moving the second value more towards the positive will give more travel before the brakes kick in

Sherman, you should calibrate it yourself within FSUIPC. Only need to press the brake and click a button.

Peter Schluter

i do that way infsuipc i completelly prss it and click the button then i depress it and click the other tick REVERSE and go in fct with a other planes it works without any problem