Sign in to follow this  
rdtv91

[Workaround] Track IR + ChasePlane (Enable/Disable shortcuts)

Hi Everyone,

Here's a workaround to be able to use Track IR AND Chaseplane.

This is not a fix or feature update to chaseplane and will result in not having chaseplane camera effects whilst using Track IR but it will enable you to use both side-by-side smoothly.

1. Firstly run TrackIR prior to launching P3D.

2. Once in the sim it'll be jittery as TrackIR & Chaseplane will be fighting for control so with Chaseplane main UI then go to Preferences > Control Bindings and under 'Global Enable' key use the same joystick button you use for 'pause' in Track IR.

That's it - now you just have to press that joystick button to switch between Chaseplane camera views and Track IR on the fly... Next time you start your sim then start Track IR first and ensure it is 'paused' with the button prior to opening P3D and Chaseplane and that way it'll be a smooth experience from the start.

Best,

Ryan

• Upvote 2

Perfect, thanks for this find. Like this, TIR users can already use Chaseplane until they implement a proper "fix" or forever, if it is handy enough. Exactly what I was hoping for.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Good Stuff - it's certainly not the perfect solution but works cleanly and at least gives somewhat ability to use TrackIR along with the great new views and functionality of CP. Using it just now on my first proper flight and used Track IR whilst taxi'ing and switched back and forth without issue :)

Nice find but far from perfect. I am thinking about getting Chase Plane mainly for the motion effects and for smooth transitions of views in the VC. The idea of having to disable TrackIR and hence enable Chase Plan just to switch a view isn't very appealing.  :wink:

For the time being, this works for me. I use set views for cockpit setup and adjusting instruments and TrackIR for "everything else", such as situational awareness during landings. This work around is acceptable while waiting for full TrackIR integration, which is coming and has even been pushed up on the list of planned improvements and feature additions.

The more I use ChasePlane, the more impressed I am....it's leagues beyond any competition in terms of options and ease of use.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Nice find but far from perfect. I am thinking about getting Chase Plane mainly for the motion effects and for smooth transitions of views in the VC. The idea of having to disable TrackIR and hence enable Chase Plan just to switch a view isn't very appealing.  :wink:

Full integration is certainly planned and this is only intended as an interim solution - remember Chaseplane is early access and alpha and therefore not for everyone - similar to if you purchased early access on Steam...

For the time being, this works for me. I use set views for cockpit setup and adjusting instruments and TrackIR for "everything else", such as situational awareness during landings. This work around is acceptable while waiting for full TrackIR integration, which is coming and has even been pushed up on the list of planned improvements and feature additions.

The more I use ChasePlane, the more impressed I am....it's leagues beyond any competition in terms of options and ease of use.

Glad to hear that it is helping just now until the full integration of which I am certain Keven has given some priority to. Anyway now to go get some fuel and fly again! So addictive panning around every fine detail of our aircraft now!

Hi Everyone,

This is not a fix or feature update to chaseplane and will result in not having chaseplane camera effects whilst using Track IR but it will enable you to use both side-by-side smoothly.

2. Once in the sim it'll be jittery as TrackIR & Chaseplane will be fighting for control so with Chaseplane main UI then go to Preferences > Control Bindings and under 'Global Enable' key use the same joystick button you use for 'pause' in Track IR.

That's it - now you just have to press that joystick button to switch between Chaseplane camera views and Track IR on the fly... Next time you start your sim then start Track IR first and ensure it is 'paused' with the button prior to opening P3D and Chaseplane and that way it'll be a smooth experience from the start.

Best,

Ryan

This is why I always check the Avsim forums.  It is where the geniuses gather.  Thank you for this work-around.

Nice Workaround!

I have also created a different approach to use TrackIR with ChasePlane that communicate the TrackIR position to ChasePlane instead. This is a temporary workaround since I'm working in a complet integrated solution for TrackIR in ChasePlane.

The alternate workaround is available here

Hi Everyone,

Best,

Ryan

Hi Ryan

I tried your method without success, I am French and my translation is may be bad ...

I assign, on my joystick the pause button of my tracki ir (button 7)
I assign in chaseplane in column joystick Global Enable the same button 7
P3d is close, i run trackir 5, in pause mode before launching p3d
I load scenery, im in runway, i active my button pause 7, i see the light now green my track ir, but does not work

I missed a step ?
thx 

Hi Ryan

I tried your method without success, I am French and my translation is may be bad ...

I assign, on my joystick the pause button of my tracki ir (button 7)
I assign in chaseplane in column joystick Global Enable the same button 7
P3d is close, i run trackir 5, in pause mode before launching p3d
I load scenery, im in runway, i active my button pause 7, i see the light now green my track ir, but does not work

I missed a step ?
thx 

Enable Experimental Versions, TrackIR will work out of the box

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42