Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Red text in upper right corner

Normally the red text in the upper right corner (name of the view and zoom factor) only comes up when changing the view and then disappears after a few seconds.

However with chaseplane even without changing views the text comes up every now and then and stays on quite long sometimes. Haven't figured out yet when this happens but it often does.

Anyone else seeing this?

I think I found out when the text comes up. It happens everytime the acceleration effect kicks in. When I set acceleration to zero the text does not appear anymore. I guess it is because the acceleration effect involves a temporary change of the zoom factor.

Could you find a way around this?

P.S: I know I can totally disable the text in the P3D options, what I did for now. But I' like to have it appear for a few seconds to be able to check which view and zoom factor is active.

Acceleration does affect the zoom indeed.

We are checking ways to perma-hide the top right counter.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

For everyone who wants to hide their red text info in P3D there is an option in the settings menu under General called hide top right corner text. For Fsx you can just add the line "HideInfoText=1" under [Main] in your fsx.cfg. Unfortunately in FSX it gets rid of every red text including Parking brakes etc. And of course both solutions are not ideal when you need to setup new cameras and you want to know the zoom setting.

Acceleration does affect the zoom indeed.

We are checking ways to perma-hide the top right counter.

Obviously you succeeded. Problem solved in 1.5! Great, thank you!

Edit: I have to revise that a little. The top right corner text still comes up when braking hard on the ground. But not any more in turbulence while in flight. So maybe something just changed with the acceleration effect during turbulence? Nevertheless I'm happy the text doesn't appear any more in turbulence in flight.