Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

FlightSim Manager / Ranainside.com

Guest allcott

Latest version is 2.8.5, and is also in the library. You really should update!Allcott

Guest iFLYrc

I am running version 2.8.5 and I just got the "old version" message. The Ranainside site is down. Now what? Are all of my planes in the hanger lost forever?

HelloJust turn your PC Clock back a year and the program will runGet all of your planes back into Flightsim then buy FS Addon ManagerThats what i did.

Me too!This just started a few days ago with no applicable changes to anything to my knowledge with the exception of adding FSX.Hope someone finds a solution. I like the program.RTH

HelloThe program has timed out again, It did the same last year.Only difference being that Rana has disapeared completly this time.

Guest olivier101

Or you might want to use a very hand utility called BackDate, which sets your system clock back to any date you specify before running a program, and then sets it back to normal after a chosen number of seconds.Works perfectly with Flightsim Manager !http://www.backdate.net/

Guest 4deucer

Aren't there good alternatives available? ACA2005v1.2, TrafficChanger,TrafficLook, maybe?4Deucer

Guest iFLYrc

Someone developed a "WORK AROUND" that automatically sets your date clock back, launches FSM, and then resets the clock when you exit the program. It is called "STARTFSM.ZIP" and is available on AVSIM.com. I attached it to this message as well.

Actually, the file is fsmgr.zip and can still be downloaded at FlightSim.com.Mike

Guest olivier101

>Someone developed a "WORK AROUND" that automatically sets>your date clock back, launches FSM, and then resets the clock>when you exit the program. It is called "STARTFSM.ZIP" and is>available on AVSIM.com. I attached it to this message as>well.That's exactly what BackDate does; except BackDate resets the clock after a specified number of seconds (not after the program exits) which is safer in my opinion.

And, put a copy of FS9.EXE in the same folder as the FSX SCENERY.CFG and you can manage FSX scenery file collections. Just tell FSM where the extra FS9.EXE file is. It does not seem to need any other assurance that the SCENERY.CFG (same construct as FS9) is ok. Only scenery files from FSX seem to work because FSM expects an FS9 folder layout.Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA