Sign in to follow this  
pcpiloot

FSX.CFG not found

On my PC P3D V3 and FSXSE are installed.

I run P3D and start ChasePlane.

Error message appears that FSX.CFG of FSX:SE cannot be found.

As far as I have found one cannot select whisch simulators mus be checke or am I wrong?

PC 

ChasePlane will detect installed simulators and react accordingly.

If there is a registry entry,

if that registry points to an executable,

if there is an AppData folder for it.

If all of those parameters are true, we consider it valid and we proceed to check the configuration files for it.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hmm, strange.

Without looking for the data mentioned above I started FSX SE.

Then I started ChasePlane.

Message concerning the FSX:SE cfg 

Clicked the checkmark

ChasePlane starts normal.

ChasePlane works as normal.

Not clear for me what to do, to avoid the error message.

PC

Not clear for me what to do, to avoid the error message.

PC

Hi, we have found a potential bug in the detection of FSX:SE that will be fixed in the next update tonight. Please let me know if you still have the same problem with version 0.1.34 and above

Hi, we have found a potential bug in the detection of FSX:SE that will be fixed in the next update tonight. Please let me know if you still have the same problem with version 0.1.34 and above

Hi... My version was ok before that last update, but after version 0.1.34 I started to get this error as well.

Hi... My version was ok before that last update, but after version 0.1.34 I started to get this error as well.

Thanks for the info! Looks like the cfg in FSX:SE is called FSX-SE.cfg and not fsx.cfg I will push an update soon to address this issue

My steam edition cfg file is called fsx.cfg, just like the normal fsx- and I think it is because I'm not running a side by side setup of FSX and FSX:SE. 

v0.1.37, the program is still looking for a non-existent fsx_se.cfg file.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Thanks for the info! Looks like the cfg in FSX:SE is called FSX-SE.cfg and not fsx.cfg I will push an update soon to address this issue

Not correct - mine is called fsx.cfg! I do not have FSX (boxed) installed, but I believe it could be called fsx-se (or fsx_se which CP is looking for) if you have both installed.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

When FSX boxed is installed alongside FSX:SE, there will be FSX:SE specific folders.

Otherwise, it just looks like a vanilla FSX install, and you won't have an FSX:SE specific config. The config file for steam in this case would be FSX.cfg, as normal. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

When FSX boxed is installed alongside FSX:SE, there will be FSX:SE specific folders.

Otherwise, it just looks like a vanilla FSX install, and you won't have an FSX:SE specific config. The config file for steam in this case would be FSX.cfg, as normal. 

Correct! That is what happening to me: I complete uninstalled FSX boxed edition before install the Steam Edition. That's why my Steam Edition has a fsx.cfg file and not a "fsx_se.cfg" file.

But for me, even renaming for "fsx_se" and running just ChasePlane, the message is always there.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Correct! That is what happening to me: I complete uninstalled FSX boxed edition before install the Steam Edition. That's why my Steam Edition has a fsx.cfg file and not a "fsx_se.cfg" file.

But for me, even renaming for "fsx_se" and running just ChasePlane, the message is always there.

Same here,  I am waiting for an update. 

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

That's not correct...

"Fsx-se.cfg" only exists when:

1) you have boxed and SE of FSX installed side by side

Or

2) you had a boxed FSX, and didn't uninstall properly (maybe elements leftover in registry) and then installed SE

This is pretty known stuff by now, you'd think a dev would/should know...

Just came on board and I have the same problem.  Confirming that the file is called fsx.cfg in an FSX:SE-only installation.

That's not correct...

"Fsx-se.cfg" only exists when:

1) you have boxed and SE of FSX installed side by side

Or

2) you had a boxed FSX, and didn't uninstall properly (maybe elements leftover in registry) and then installed SE

This is pretty known stuff by now, you'd think a dev would/should know...

Well since I'm not perfect it looks like I did something wrong. We are already aware of that and we are checking for the coexistence of fsx and fsx:se to determine where the cfg is located but we didn't notice that the script seems to always check for fsx.cfg and not fsx_se.cfg so I have to take a look at this behaviour and fix it.

It should be fixed by the end of the weeks in the next update.