Sign in to follow this  
Aquilam

Does GNS 530W XP/GNS WAAS for FSX work in FSX Steam Edition

I'm looking to buy the beautiful Reality XP GNS 530W XP/GNS WAAS for FSX, however I'm flying FSX Steam Edition. Will this product work in FSX Steam Edition (FSX-SE)?

I searched through the knowledge base but no joy.

Thanks!

Hi,

Our current GNS WAAS won't work with FSX:SE.

However, please note we are working on a brand new GNS WAAS product for all major simulators (XP11/10, P3D and FS:SE FSX FS9). This will come with nice goodies too.

We cannot publicly tell when yet, but we expect a release this month!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

We cannot publicly tell when yet, but we expect a release this month!

Very nice, that's soon :smile: Can you already share something about the pricing? Will there be a discount for owners of the GNS software for FSX?

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I can't share any details yet, however, I'm sure there will be a very good incentive for everyone and particularly for our existing customers!

Like said above: this will come with nice goodies too...

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Glad to hear this Jean-Luc, the GNS was always a beautiful product and GPS, as all RXP has been.  Awesome news for us Steam users.  :smile:

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I liked your 530. Now I'm running p3dV3.3 and were it compatible with this plus fit integrally into some add-on aircraft panels I will probably purchase again. I may upgrade from 3.3 to whatever the latest is but my 3.3 works so nice I chose not to upgrade to 3.4.So hopefully your 530 will work in all versions of p3d.

I'm looking forward to seeing your newest version of the 530.

Dave

Im not sure there WILL be a 530/430 update. I'm guessing the new product is the 750/650 units already available for X-Plane. If I was a marketing man i'd bundle the new units with the older ones for a nice bundle price, and have an upgrade route for those who purchased the older FSX versions. Like me.

BUT that's all just my conjecture!

When there is a version of the 750 released for FSX SE I am likely to be not needing the brilliant, but clunky these days, 530/430. Although they would look at home in the 'older' planes.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

There is an interesting conjecture, but the truth is way different and more interresting! Hopefully not long to wait before our next major announcement. I was hoping to be able to post a teaser by today, but it will have to wait just a little more.

I was hoping to be able to post a teaser by today, but it will have to wait just a little more.

Technically, you just DID post a teaser!

Especially the  'way different and more interesting' parts.

:D

If it's the 750/650 or equivalent with accompanying Android/IOS Touchscreen/Wifi/Blutooth app I claim my prize!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

There is an interesting conjecture, but the truth is way different and more interresting! Hopefully not long to wait before our next major announcement. I was hoping to be able to post a teaser by today, but it will have to wait just a little more.

That is exciting!

Thanks, Jean -Luc

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

The teaser has been posted in a new thread here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/499626-teaser-new-things-to-come/

I did not see this post until after I purchased Reality XP GNS 530W XP/GNS WAAS today for $50.  Obviously it does not work with my FSX SE.  I was going to contact RXP / Flight 1 for a refund (the product page does NOT state it is incompatible), however I would be good with a free upgrade.

Evan