Sign in to follow this  
Aquilam

Does GNS 530W XP/GNS WAAS for FSX work in FSX Steam Edition

The (legacy) page says :

"Discover Reality XP GNS 430W XP™ gps simulation, which is now compatilble with Microsoft Flight Simulator 9 and Flight Simulator X"

"

"compatible with both FS9 and FSX". It's clear.

Vendors don't have to list all incompatible softwares, only compatible ones. 

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

The (legacy) page says :

"Discover Reality XP GNS 430W XP™ gps simulation, which is now compatilble with Microsoft Flight Simulator 9 and Flight Simulator X"

"

"compatible with both FS9 and FSX". It's clear.

Vendors don't have to list all incompatible softwares, only compatible ones. 

Reputable vendors of FSX software DO (I can show you examples) state when their software is not compatible with the current widely available version of FSX, which is FSX SE.

I am very happy to hear though that they are working on a version that does work with FSX SE, I just do not want to pay twice to get a version that works. 

Reputable vendors of FSX software DO

This language is not appropriate on this forum and I'd appreciate you show respect.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 1/26/2017 at 7:29 PM, fscats said:

Reputable vendors of FSX software DO (I can show you examples) state when their software is not compatible with the current widely available version of FSX, which is FSX SE.

I am very happy to hear though that they are working on a version that does work with FSX SE, I just do not want to pay twice to get a version that works. 

I echo. RXP should warn the potential buyer of its incompatibility with FSX SE. You saved me $$. Thank you.

I sincerely understand you might be confused. This is why the store page has been changed a while back thanks to our customers feedback to say this:

LEGACY FSX ACCELERATION / FS9 ONLY

On the other hand I honestly fail to see why "FSX Acceleration Only" is not enough to understand "FSX-SE" is excluded?!?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

On 5/11/2017 at 11:03 AM, RXP said:

I sincerely understand you might be confused. This is why the store page has been changed a while back thanks to our customers feedback to say this:

LEGACY FSX ACCELERATION / FS9 ONLY

On the other hand I honestly fail to see why "FSX Acceleration Only" is not enough to understand "FSX-SE" is excluded?!?

I understand, and I can see from an expert FSX developer's point of view, those versions of FSX are clearly different.

Several months ago, I, however, had put my FSX aside for four years and was in the process of reinstalling the software to revitalize my flight sim skills. I had bought RXP GNS 430, Flight Line N, and Flight Line T back in 2012, so when I saw they support FSX, I wanted to install them with the latest edition of FSX at that time. While I was aware of some different versions of FSX, I did not know that those RXP products were incompatible with FSX:SE until reading fscats' post. The phrase "FSX Acceleration Only" on the product page, while technically accurate, does not clearly say what RXP does not support. After all, several of my other purchases in 2011-12 for FSX continued to support FSX:SE, and some of them did not explicitly say. Also, web pages may be outdated. This is just a fact, not that I mention it to argue against RXP's decision. So, indeed, I was careful enough to research to find fscats' post above, which saved me money and, more importantly, time. I ended up went straightforward to P3D.

I was only slightly disappointed and I hoped to find some coupon or discount that I could use to upgrade my legacy RXP GNS to the GNS or GTN for P3D. Maybe they had only existed for some time and were already over. I didn't find any so, at that point, I became disappointed. I thought I just tell you what I really felt as a previous customer.

Hi,

We can't be perfect and sometimes there are bumps in the road not matter what. However, we value everyone's opinion not only because we are not shy of our products and I see nearly all our customers are pleased with the RXP purchases and are vocal about this, but also because your opinion and feedback is invaluable to better our products.

Hopefully this is what the support forum is also meant for, and unlike other forums which require being a registered customer, everyone, can post questions and read answers here!