Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Colombian 'trip'

I blithely stated I would organise a Colombian foray. Not as easy as I thought. Joining the dots led to a world of trouble, exploding engines (jeez that gives you a start!) and desperately trying to glide back to a runway...Any runway!

So after a few false starts I reached a compromise which I present to you here.

Starting from SKAP, Gomez Nino Apiay we will attempt to get to Bogota over, or rather, meander through, the smaller end of the Andes.

From Bogota survivors will have an easier time of it....for a while! Leaving Tunja will seem OK but with one tricky bit before hopefully landing at Cimitarra. A few short hops to Valesques, Puerto Nare and Puerto Berrio. The last leg is er...Not too bad. The last two of this happy band will be directed to Olaya Herrera (SKMD) a GA airport serving Medellin. I ask that crews behave in an exemplary manner as we don't want to draw the attensión of the Federales.

Scenery: FTX Global

Additional scenery: I've packaged up the Colombian airports so you won't have to go hunting round for them. HERE

Flight plan HERE

Aircraft: In the spirit of Colombian Aviation I'm suggesting Manfred Jahn's C-47. It's free and it's HERE

Might I also suggest the mod which gives you three different models. i.e. the removal of the direction finding aerial on military versions. HERE

I haven't done a Skyvector plan, it's too scary.

If you DO decide to man up and fly the C-47, a top tip(one I should have used on several occasions) Switch on the INTER PHONE! The co-pilot will help to prevent you blowing up the plane.

Date and time: November 5th 2016, 1800 UTC
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked here)

Oh I forgot. HERE

are lots of Colombian registered paints for you to look at. I'm going to be using this one:

bafin.jpg

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Looking forward to this one! :p0503:

Flight plan HERE

However, that seems to link to a Medellin airport scenery. :wacko:

Bugger! A slip of the copy 'n' paste. :blush2:  I thought that was going too well.

Flight plan HERE

No federales in Colombia, Ron, trust me :wink: . For approaching to Medellín, I think your best bet in a C-47 would be IFR (meaning I Follow Roads). If you can get to Guarne (a town north of SKRG), then is just following the road that goes west and down to the valley in which Medellín is located.

BTW, that GA airport is 3rd place in operations in Colombia, after both Bogotá airports. High traffic and a valley... watch out!

Have fun in Colombia!

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I was waiting for a Colombian to come and feel my collar! What happened to the federales then? Or shouldn't I ask? :unsure:

Since last weeks fiasco, kicked out four times I've tried to find out what was happening.  Still don't know. I have lowered my fsx.cfg texture resolution so maybe that will help with VAS.

Anyway, I actually think there will be nobody to interfere with me flying at least part of this plan.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Hi Ron,

Still no flight plans. What you have uploaded to "host/miscellany/flight plans/olaya_herrera-medellin_colombia_skmd.zip" (and resulting 2nd link) contains the scenery for Medellin, nothing else. 

Must tell ya, never flew MJs C-47s yet, just stared at "Ol 728" :good: for hours harkening back to yesteryears without even starting the engines! Guess a "crash" course (or a few) are in store by Saturday. :shok: Looking for local registrations but if cannot find one, 728 will be it.  

BAPCE-Header-Medellin.jpg

CONGRATS CUBBIES!

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

If I can't even upload the right file what do you think the flight will turn out like? Take me out the back yard and shoot me!

HERE

Ron,

Is "this" the correct plan? If so, a .pln/.plg is here

folding_map_1.gif

Close Roman, but no coconut. :smile:

Looking for local registrations but if cannot find one, 728 will be it.

Opening post, "Oh I forgot....."

Ron,

Oh I forgot. HERE

are lots of Colombian registered paints for you to look at.

After further review, nostalgia & fondness rules. :P  'Ol 728 is it.. (On vacation from the "Frozen Tundra", delivering "ice" from up north LOL) 

tumblr_ofx7f83mDL1tlb56zo1_400.gif

Here's a revised SkyVector for your MEAs and other "secret" mission information. 

EDIT - RE: 2048 --> 1024 conversions. Will not provide, they look like poop.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

I blithely stated I would organise a Colombian foray. Not as easy as I thought. Joining the dots led to a world of trouble, exploding engines (jeez that gives you a start!) and desperately trying to glide back to a runway...Any runway!

So after a few false starts I reached a compromise which I present to you here.

Starting from SKAP, Gomez Nino Apiay we will attempt to get to Bogota over, or rather, meander through, the smaller end of the Andes.

From Bogota survivors will have an easier time of it....for a while! Leaving Tunja will seem OK but with one tricky bit before hopefully landing at Cimitarra. A few short hops to Valesques, Puerto Nare and Puerto Berrio. The last leg is er...Not too bad. The last two of this happy band will be directed to Olaya Herrera (SKMD) a GA airport serving Medellin. I ask that crews behave in an exemplary manner as we don't want to draw the attensión of the Federales.

Scenery: FTX Global

Additional scenery: I've packaged up the Colombian airports so you won't have to go hunting round for them. HERE

Flight plan HERE

Aircraft: In the spirit of Colombian Aviation I'm suggesting Manfred Jahn's C-47. It's free and it's HERE

Might I also suggest the mod which gives you three different models. i.e. the removal of the direction finding aerial on military versions. HERE

I haven't done a Skyvector plan, it's too scary.

If you DO decide to man up and fly the C-47, a top tip(one I should have used on several occasions) Switch on the INTER PHONE! The co-pilot will help to prevent you blowing up the plane.

Date and time: November 5th 2016, 1800 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked here)

Oh I forgot. HERE

are lots of Colombian registered paints for you to look at. I'm going to be using this one:

bafin.jpg

Lovely shot Ron, whoever made the repaint has a good sense of humour...the BAFIN DC-3 operated in Bolivia many years ago, I do recall seeing it on a visit to SLCB although I dont recall seeing that decal on the tail, but it is funny.

The aircraft went missing on a flight to SLLP back in the early 90s

Why thank you Will. Would you mind sending message regarding my sense of humour to my wife? She doesn't think I'm funny any more. :Big Grin:

I'm afraid I need some help with the C-47: I get no cockpits in any of the downloaded repaints, just in the original paint. I tried with or without the mod, no change. I change the "mod"-line to a newer mod, no change. Does anybody has an idea what I missed?

Thanks!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Someone  in the SOH community developed a mod that changed the VC textures from the military green to grey/black and you need that mod to see the VC.  

Try changing the texture.cfg in the texture folder from:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\texture.black
fallback.2=..\texture.EATS_315221
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.4=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

to:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\texture
fallback.2=..\texture.EATS_315221
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.4=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Thanks Jeff,

that didn't work. But it pointed me to the textureBAK.cfg in the texture folder. Using that gives the VC back.

So, thanks, problem solved, ready to go on Saturday!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider