Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Colombian 'trip'

With all the farting around with time zones etc I'm a bit confused as to what time DO we start on Saturday.

Here's a revised SkyVector for your MEAs and other "secret" mission information.

My God Roman! It doesn't look possible on Skyvector! Yikes! What have I done?

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Let me suggest that we move the starting time to 1900 UTC.

For this week, a 1900 UTC start means 7pm for England, 8pm for Europe, 3pm EDT, 2pm CDT, 12pm PDT.

Next week, both Europe and North America will be on Standard time. A 1900 UTC start gets us back to our "normal" local starting times.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

After reading this thread, I downloaded that aircraft and was flying from UK to EHAM.. and all of a sudden My engine catches fire..WOW!

My left engine Quits on me, I was trying to figure out why that died on me and was trying to restart the left engine and then this happens to my right engine.

30144706083_c21805288f_k.jpg

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Probably because you engine cowl flaps were closed and you were at full throttle. Listen to your co-pilot. (flick the INTER-PHONE switch)

Roman, I've just shared your duck landing clip on DTP. Got quite a few LOLs.

• Upvote 1

ecause you engine cowl flaps were closed and you were at full throttle.

Where are the cowl flap open switches and inter-phone switch Ron?

Manny

Thanks, 1900 UTC, looking forward to this trip!!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

This plane never ceases to amaze! Along with interphone being turned on I turned on Pilot, Co-Pilot & Stewardess on the checklist activator (Shift-7) . Just cruizin along, minding the engines a sound came on that dirtied my shorts! :Party: The stewardess commenting on the previous night's "indiscretions" ? 

Some of these are at - Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta\panel\DGSounds\Checklist\AD-#.wav where "#" equals (some of the funny ones) 13,18,19, 20, 22, 23, 27 thru 31, the latter are extremely good! (They can be opened w/windows media player) What a plane!

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Seems you are lucky Roman. I flew around a couple of hours with both, Copilot and Stewardess "on", but I only heard calls from the Copilot, never a word from the Stewardess.

But it is an amazing airplane! 

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Hoping to be able to join you guys , Bit late, sorry but have  just updated the Spreadsheet with my details  if anyones interested ;)

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Hoping to be able to join you guy

The eye candy on this phenomenal..the VC textures are unreal. Even though I was flying pretty shody and got an engine fire going, l posted the screen shot to show the amazing quality of the fire.. Look at that! :)

Manny

Well thank goodness that's over! What I feared would happen, happened. I blew my engines up over dense jungle and came to earth in an undignified manner. Fortunately I encountered a lost tribe of natives who had not lost the ancient skills of repairing Pratt & Whitney engines. I was amazed at the speed with which they worked. Not only did they fix my plane, they hacked a runway through the jungle and also fitted a hyperdrive to the old gal so that I could catch up to my buddies*

*None of whom even noticed my absence! :mad:

*None of whom even noticed my absence!

How could we have noticed your absence,  your radio was working far too well throughout the flight :smile:

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png