Sign in to follow this  
olderndirt

Missing airplane parts.

Just feeling my way, assigned some joystick  and keyboard buttons.  When I went to 'outside' camera, about half the plane was missing.  Went back to 'Fly now', different plane - the same.  What am I doing wrong?

This also can be a symptom of not having HighMemFix=1 in the Graphics section of your FSX.CFG (providing you're running FSX).

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Just feeling my way, assigned some joystick  and keyboard buttons.  When I went to 'outside' camera, about half the plane was missing.  Went back to 'Fly now', different plane - the same.  What am I doing wrong?

I've had this when using FSX's own keyboard shortcuts to switch views instead of the Chaseplane options. Old habits die hard! Either the sim or Chaseplane get confused about whether you're on an internal or external view.

I can't think of the exact sequence that causes it, but basically the sim still thinks you're in a cockpit view, so only the cockpit interior and the wings are loaded (for better frame rates), but the camera is in a location outside.

The best fix is to click the small 'cockpit cam' or 'external cam' icons found in the top-right under the 'Camera' section (left side). Or choose a preset if you have saved any which will reset the view.

You have to remove the assignments in FSX to ensure that both aren't fighting the control of the camera.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42