Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

MSVCRT.DLL, CTD

..interesting, I had this issue, before fresh installation of the Sim & win7 64, and FSX-SE crashing again & again after new installation as well.

I made some research and found out I should install  Microsoft Visual C++ 2005

Now:

There are to of them one for 32Bit one for 64Bit, which one should I get ?

Should I install SP1 as well ?

What about newer versions, do I need to install those as well

Any other remedies to the MSVCRT/DLL

The only addon I'm running is ORBX SoCal & Accu-Fell, Ihope thos two are not the source of the issue

Cheers

Yair

.... okay, I found answer's at the CTD Guide, hopefully it will solve the issue

Hope you get it figured out via the CTD Guide. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Jim.

I thought so, but unfortunately no, I'm really pulling my hair, I did everything to make it work, all those VC along with their SP1 are installed.

I already installed the OS and FSX Se few times, and this MSVCRT is not going away. to be honest, I start giving up on this hobby, Invested so much money time and affords and all I'm dealing with is configuring & trouble shooting, I'm trying to keep all so simple no fancy stuf other than ORBX SoCal ...this is a nightmare ...seems like I need a degree in Engineering in order to master this St...d  thing.... not fun at all.

I'm a student pilot, and believe it or not it is easier out on the RW 

Totally insane        

CTD's are frustrating and the reason for the AVSIM CTD Guide.  There is no real "magic bullet" that fixes any crash.  What works on one computer does not always work on others.  Our guide provides suggestions found from members here at AVSIM and other flightsim websites.  If you Google msvcrt.dll, you will find millions have this error and there are many different fixes.  Some never found a solution.  Some program you have installed (not necessarily for FSX-SE) does not like your msvcrt.dll.  You should have two different msvcrt.dll files in your Windows 7 directory:  MSVCRT.dll v7.07601.17744 dated 12/16/2011 in C:\Windows\SysWow64 (for 64 bit) and C:\Windows\System32 (for 32 bit).  The only difference is the 64 bit size is 674KB and the 32 bit size is 620KB.  These might have been updated via Windows Updates and you indicated you have reinstalled Windows and maybe you did not get all of the updates installed.

According to Google, the msvcrt.dll was used to run programs all the way back to Windows 95 so really old stuff.

Did you check for corrupted system files as suggested on page 14 of the AVSIM CTD Guide?

Are you running FSX-SE in Admin Mode for ALL Users (not just for you)?  See page 10/11 of the AVSIM CTD Guide.

Orbx and Accu-Feel should not be at fault as these are newer program.

Since the msvcrt.dll is used by Windows to make sure programs using it are run properly, perhaps something did not get installed properly because you had an anti-virus, anti-malware, and/or UserAccessControls enabled.  If an anti-virus or anti-malware program is running during any installation of a product, it's job is to protect you from evil people and, it sometimes refuses to install a file it believes is a virus or malware.  For this reason, you must have these programs set to exempt your FSX-SE folder from being scanned and disabled when you install a new product.  You might want to look in your anti-virus/anti-malware programs in the quarantine section and see if any files are being quarantined.  If so, you need to restore them.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

...tnx you Jim for taking the time to respond and to post your comments.

I spent few hours trying to pinpoint and find the solution to the msvcrt.dll issue.

So, first and probable the source of the issue, my windows-update doesn't function and didn't apply all recent update to my OS. No remedies to this issue as of now.

I found that my msvcrt.dll is an old one from 2009.

I downloaded what I thought will be the proper package to update, but it did not work.

So. I found & downloaded the MSVCRT.dll v7.07601.17744 but only the 32bit version, could not find the 64bit.

However I found even a later version for both 32Bit & 64Bit 7.0.6001.18000 and it is dated to Feb 28/2014, wondering if this will work ??

Appreciate your advice

Yair    

but only the 32bit version, could not find the 64bit.

FSX is a 32 bit application so needs the 32 bit version even if you have a 64 bit OS.  It is kind of scary downloading dll's from the Internet.  Be careful!  This is how you can get some malicious code installed on your system.  Not sure about v7.0.6001.18000.  I think Dovetail installed the v6.0.6001.18000 uiautomationcore.dll in the main fsx.se folder.  This file must not be removed or changed as they put it there by default.  I think this was done because some of the code for FSX was written for Windows XP.

There is probably nothing wrong with your version of msvcrt.dll.  The msvcrt.dll makes sure your application runs properly (according to Google).  It did it's thing and found your application was not installed or running properly so shut the application down.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

There is probably nothing wrong with your version of msvcrt.dll.

Jim is correct.

In a lot of cases you get errors from a particular DLL, not because the code in the DLL is bad but because the caller provided bad data to the function call. The real culprit is the caller, not the invoked DLL.

This unfortunately makes things difficult to debug. :(

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

..hummmm .... so , practically, what should I do ..this thing is keep CTD with the same error ( runs sweet until crashing ) ..as mentioned I did try to re-install the OS and FSX-SE and ended up with the same error ... I'm wondering if the issue is on the Sim end or the OS, if it's the OS, maybe it's about time to move to Win10, whats your thought about it ??

Kind Reg.

Yair  

I would work on updating your OS.  You say Windows Update is broken.  Orbx requires Microsoft.net 4.5 or above to run.  Make sure that is installed (look in C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework.  You want to make sure you have the 32 bit version installed.

Did you run sfc/ scannow as I mentioned above?  It scans your system for corrupt files or missing files and replaces them if found.  That has fixed problems for many in the past.

Updating to Windows 10 would be okay but not sure if that will fix the problem (although the Windows Update should work as you have no control over it).

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

..update doesn't work on my system have no idea why, but it doesn't work.

Anyway, I found the problem, and it was the OC CPU that required fine tuneup, so applied the fix and have been running on full throttle for about 4 days. Solid rock no issues  

So all well in the Western-Front ... :dance:

Tnx you guys for your support.

Yair