Sign in to follow this  
Keven Menard

[Explanations] WideViewAspect and Ideal zoom settings

Hello.

I like chaseplane really.

But is it possible to deactivate the overwriting of my cfg.?

I don't like the wide vie aspect. Normaly i fly with a zoom of 0.4.-0.6.

When i zoom in to 0.8 (for wide view aspect, i have to do this, to avoid the fisheye-effect),

the world looks blurry. In normal aspect with zoom 0.4 the world looks sharp like a razorblade. Please let me decide by myself, if i will fly with wideview or without wideview.

Kind regards,

Stefan Muehlemann

We are working on an alternative to this requirement but there is no way to remove this requirement right now.

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I have tried both: Wide view and normal view, and it seems that chase plane works in both setting very well. Since there is documented perfomance hit when using wide view, I use normal view at zoom level 0.3 - using a 55 inch TV at 4K - and just override the chase plane setting in the P3D profile. The only annoying thing is the message each time I start Chase plane...but as Keven mentioned above, he is working on that.

I'm having an issue in that I'm not able to adjust the zoom at all, so I'm stuck at 0.4, which doesn't look good with wide-aspect. Don't really know what to do about that. I'm using version 0.1.97 by the way. Besides that it works great.

Sletvik, Thomas

I have tried both: Wide view and normal view, and it seems that chase plane works in both setting very well. Since there is documented perfomance hit when using wide view, I use normal view at zoom level 0.3 - using a 55 inch TV at 4K - and just override the chase plane setting in the P3D profile. The only annoying thing is the message each time I start Chase plane...but as Keven mentioned above, he is working on that.

Same here, I prefer Wide View disabled and it works fine. And I agree that the user should be able to decide what he/she prefers. So far, ChasePlane has been a great investment.

I use Three screens, simple reality is that Wide Aspect -True causes screen stretching on the side monitors, but it is resolved with Wide Aspect - False, but less vertical view is the compromise

Now developing a program to resolve this and FSFX would make a fortune as it's constantly on the forums as a major issue with multiple screens which are now generally everywhere.

Anthony

Hi .. how I can disable WideViewAspect ?

1. Zooming it
  2. Disabling it from the Menus in P3D or in the CFG file for FSX

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

in menu is disabled- without change

zooming it ? dozens of cameras ? resave?

its a joke no ? :)

I dont understand why , yet everything was okay but now .. 

in menu is disabled- without change

zooming it ? dozens of cameras ? resave?

its a joke no ? :)

I dont understand why , yet everything was okay but now ..

Previous version of ChasePlane required that you have WideViewAspect enabled. We changed the logic to better handle this setting but unless you ignored warning messages or have a wrong simulator configuration, No changes should be required to your presets at this point.

Do you see a zoom difference with WideViewAspect enabled and disabled when ChasePlane Alpha 1.5 is running?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I have still  wide view ... in p3d is disable(untick)  ... I have never use it ..I don't like it but now is still active regardless of the setting.

Without chaseplane

https://postimg.org/image/bj138vcl5/

after start chaseplane

https://postimg.org/image/txnf7tosn/

I tried fly with this ... randomly switch on this

https://postimg.org/image/ce8mh81p9/

https://postimg.org/image/anbhptsv7/

Hello!

I'm using a 21:9 Ultra Wide Monitor and a 16:9 Wide Monitor Multi DIsplay.

I'm using the 21:9 monitor as the main display and the 16:9 monitor displays instruments and CDU, but the zoom magnification has changed each time I move between monitors because of this update It was.

I am very troubled because I visit two screens frequenthy during flight. Is there any good solution?

I tried to set WideViewAspect="False" but the problem was not solved.