Sign in to follow this  
JNS

Resetting the eyepoint

Hi.  I'm running P3Dv3.2.3 and have searched for and found many comments about resetting the eyepoint.  Several times I've seen that pressing SHIFT + SPACEBAR will reset the eyepoint to default.  When I do this, nothing seems to change.  Did I miss a memo somewhere or am I doing something wrong, possibly misinterpreting the term "default"?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Ctrl+SpaceBar to reset the view location Jeff. And BackSpace resets the zoom.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Thank you, sir!  I'll try that. 

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Hi Jeff, if you go to Settings, Controls, Event Category: Views, scroll down to Eye Point - Reset.

As a matter of interest the Eye Point is set in the aircraft.cfg file for each aircraft.

For example the B58

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\beech_baron_58\aircraft.cfg"

has the [Views] section, in there is the eyepoint location with respect to the centre of the plane so you can see the negative value for forwards and left of that centre point, the positive value for up:

[Views]
eyepoint = -8.213, -0.80, 2.32 //Longitudinal, Lateral, Vertical (feet)

so you could for example change 2.32 to 2.4 if you want to be an inch taller in the seat

:smile:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Thanks, Steve.  I must've been sleeping for a couple of days.  I just saw your last post.  I appreciate your detailed explanation.  I always wondered about those numbers, but never investigated. ("Possibly stupid question" warning) If I haven't  manually changed them would they always be the same as when first installed?  I was assuming the seat position was saved with each scenario, but that the .cfg stayed the same.  Maybe I'm wrong on that.  I was hoping to find the original "out-of-the-box" default position.  Or maybe I messed up and should've backed up the aircraft.cfg file at the very beginning as a reference.

BTW, regarding the "SHIFT+SPACEBAR" question I originally had, I think maybe P3D changed that to CONTROL+SPACEBAR and that's why I had the confusion.  The other eyepoint commands stayed the same as in FSX.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Smith