Sign in to follow this  
klamal

CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!

What a great series!!! Congrats, Cubbies!!!!! Woooooohooooo!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

What an exciting finish!   World Champion Cubs   It was worth waiting for.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

Indians fan but a great series and exciting finish.....congratulations to the Cubs!!

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

An amazing team!  An incredible year!  I never thought I'd see this day, but it is finally here! This is for all the die-hard fans who, like me, have waited their whole lives to see the organization win a championship.  Hundreds of baseball games attended, thousands of games watched on TV and heard over the radio, years of suffering and heartbreak....it was all worth it.  I only wish those who are no longer with us could be here to see this joyous day.  May the "W" fly proudly over the friendly confines for years to come!  And, of course, GO CUBS GO!!!

-Elliot

• Upvote 2

Intel Core i9 10900k @ 5.1 GHz / Asus Maximus Hero XII / Nvidia RTX 3090 FE / 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 CL16-16-16-36 / Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB NVMe / Noctua NH-D15 / EVGA Supernova 1600 T2 / Honeycomb Alpha Yoke / CH Pro Pedals / Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant / HP Reverb G2

###### on the goat...it is done. Harry Caray is smiling tonight

Matthew Kane

The curse is lifted!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Indians fan but a great series and exciting finish.....congratulations to the Cubs!!

And a huge congrats to the Indians too!  What a great team as well.  They deserve to be there and deserve to win too!  You can be very proud of your team!!!!  It's just the Cubs turn first since we've been waiting longer!   :smile:

An amazing team!  An incredible year!  I never thought I'd see this day, but it is finally here! This is for all the die-hard fans who, like me, have waited their whole lives to see the organization win a championship.  Hundreds of baseball games attended, thousands of games watched on TV and heard over the radio, years of suffering and heartbreak....it was all worth it.  I only wish those who are no longer with us could be here to see this joyous day.  May the "W" fly proudly over the friendly confines for years to come!  And, of course, GO CUBS GO!!!

-Elliot

Amen!!!!!  It is just unbelievable to finally say "The Cubs are World Series Champs!!!!!"  after all these years!!!!!  Unbelievable!!!!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Hi Folks, very happy also that the Cubbies got the World Series yesterday (or today morning???). What a game!!!. These players are really warriors!!!. Congrats to Maddon, Zobrist, Bryant, Rizzo, Russell, Baez, Fowler, Heyward, Lester, Arrieta, Hendricks, Montgomery, Lackey, Ross, Chapman, Edwards Jr, Wood, Coghlan, all, all!!!. What a prospect is Schwarber!!!. Congrats also to my fellow countrymen Miguel Montero, Rondon, Wilson Contreras and Henry Blanco for their excellent work during the whole year. They deserved to win, they're simply the best!!!. And RIP for the Indians.... (they were absolutely very good rivals).

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I'm struggling here with the World champion thing, as far as I know all the teams involved were from one country only, am I missing something ?

I'm struggling here with the World champion thing, as far as I know all the teams involved were from one country only, am I missing something ?

It's just a reference to the 'old days' of the 1880's, where the Championship Series was coined "World's Series". It sounded more grandiose, so the name stuck.

Besides... nowadays, players do participate from all over the World. Plus, playing in the MLB is considered to be the pinnacle, the Summit, for a Professional Baseball player.

The Cubbies? Team of Destiny. They weren't going to be denied this year. They fought hard, had some injuries to key players, but kept it together to emerge triumphant.

Alan   :smile:

• Upvote 1

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Congrats to the Cubs and their fans., It's been a long time waiting.

Go Rangers!! 

:Party:I never thought I'd get to see this day!!! I've been waiting my whole life for this and I still can't believe that I can finally say "the Cubs are the World Series champions!!!" I just wish I was still living in Chicago so I could see the celebrations. Congrats to the Indians too though. It was a great game and a great series that is going to be remembered for a long, long time to come. LETS GO CUBS!!

You gotta love how americans call "world" champions to the winner of a tournament played only in and by their country...

• Upvote 1

You gotta love how americans call "world" champions to the winner of a tournament played only in and by their country...

I would think that some of the foreign born Players for both the Cubs and Indians would disagree...

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg