Sign in to follow this  
klamal

CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!

Don't forget that Canada has a team ( at one point it was two). Congratulations to the Cubs and their fans. Awesome series.

I'm struggling here with the World champion thing, as far as I know all the teams involved were from one country only, am I missing something ?

You gotta love how americans call "world" champions to the winner of a tournament played only in and by their country...

The Toronto Blue Jays have won it twice, therefore it is international. Also most teams have players from around the world as baseball is popular throughout Latin America and Japan as well as Canada and the USA

Most of Toronto's star players come from Dominican Republic and Mexico for example and Toronto's fan base extends across Canada giving the Blue Jays the highest attendance records in the league. I always considered Toronto an international team due to its diversity

Montreal Expos was the same when they had a team

Matthew Kane

Not my joke, but I saw it this morning and it made me laugh - relevant to the topic at hand:

Two Chicagoans die in an unfortunate car wreck. Tragic, but considering they didn’t exactly spend their days helping old ladies cross the street or volunteering at the Boys and Girls club,  this pair of fellows went straight down to Hades.

The Devil, as is his custom, goes to greet his two newest eternal residents, and despite rivers of lava and torrents of brimstone, they’re standing around in jackets.

“Not hot enough for you?” asked the Devil.

“What, this? Nah, this is like a Spring day in Chicago.”

The Devil doesn’t take lightly to such a slight, so he decides to really turn things up. The renewed eternal hellfire and inferno has made the screams of the tormented souls in hell even louder. Rivers of lava overflowing their banks. The Devil goes to check on his two Chicagoans, and sure enough he sees them lounging in shorts and t-shirts.

“Not hot enough for you?” the Devil queries, bewildered.

“What, this? Nah, this is like a July in Chicago. In fact, I think the humidity was worse in the summer of ’96.”

The Devil is even more incensed. He comes up with a new idea. Turn the thermostat way down. The cursed souls in Hell are greeted by new but equally unbearable type of torture. The lava stops flowing, brimstone stops glowing, and wouldn’t you know it, the ground they stand on has frozen solid.

The Devil again searches out his two Chicagoans, and to his dismay, they’re hugging and cheering.

“What’s this all about!?” the Devil roared.

“THEY’VE DONE IT, IT’S FINALLY HAPPENED, THE CUBS WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!”

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

You gotta love how americans call "world" champions to the winner of a tournament played only in and by their country...

Do a little research. Many of the players come from Central and South America. we don't require that any player be an American. There are players from all over the world.

Do a little research. Many of the players come from Central and South America. we don't require that any player be an American. There are players from all over the world.

I'm with you. I tend to think some people must do a big research just to learn to live and live to learn.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Still not a world series, sorry guys but there is a big world out there.

Soccer has a world cup, contested by nations from around the world., that's a world series

To call a domestic competition a "world series" is really disrespectful, America, fantastic place that it is, is not the "world"

Anyway well done the Cubs, who won what was obviously a very difficult domestic competition. :Applause:

I would think that some of the foreign born Players for both the Cubs and Indians would disagree...

I would think that all of the players who have actually won the Baseball world cup would disagree even more...

Lol what does that have to do with anything? You're the one that meeds to do more research, into a little thing called the baseball WORLD cup... (I'll give you a hint, it's not your yearly local tournament..)

To call a domestic competition a "world series" is really disrespectful, America, fantastic place that it is, is not the "world"

According to Europeans of the 16th century. We are the "New World"  :Tounge:

The World Baseball Classic will be held once again in 2017 (this time in Los Angeles) and will feature top professional players from 16 counties. All the players from the U.S. in the past have been form MLB and most of the Canadians were also. The series started in 2006 and Japan leads with 2 wins and 1 third, followed by the Dominican Republic, South Korea, Cuba, Puerto Rico and Venezuela. It will be interesting to see what happens next year. 

Still not a world series, sorry guys but there is a big world out there.

Soccer has a world cup, contested by nations from around the world., that's a world series

Anyway well done the Cubs, who won what was obviously a very difficult domestic competition. :Applause:

Baseball is all about tradition. It was called The Wotld Series back in the 1800's when we had labels on things like The World News, The World's Fair, The World Series etc. This tradition remains today even if we have changed our ways since the 1800's

Also Cleveland Indians is a name you couldn't use today to start a team. They don't change it because it is kind of a grandfather clause that was named that way in a different time. Just like the World Series was named in a different time

• Upvote 2

Matthew Kane

Baseball is all about tradition. It was called The Wotld Series back in the 1800's when we had labels on things like The World News, The World's Fair, The World Series etc. This tradition remains today even if we have changed our ways since the 1800's

Also Cleveland Indians is a name you couldn't use today to start a team. They don't change it because it is kind of a grandfather clause that was named that way in a different time. Just like the World Series was named in a different time

Even if you teach certain people and explain this as good as you do, they simply will not learn anything, because they have that negative attitude. This thread is about base-ball and the best base-ball game of the world is played in the Major Leagues in the US, you like it or not.

Cheers, Ed.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Major Leagues in the US

And Canada

Toronto Blue Jays

Matthew Kane

And Canada

Toronto Blue Jays

That's true, but anyway MLB is mainly based in the US. Only one Canadian team out of 36.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

That's true, but anyway MLB is mainly based in the US. Only one Canadian team out of 36.

Cheers, Ed

All good. I was born and raised in Toronto and I grew up watching the Jays. Was there when they won the World Series back to back and I look forward to their next World Series title, which I predict within the next three years the way things are developing

Some of my fondest memories growing up are at those baseball games

Matthew Kane