Sign in to follow this  
domkle

FTX C3 and OrbXDirect : that may help to avoid confusion

These are two different things as there were before both FTX C2 and the FlightSimStore.   

- FTX Central is the User Interface to manage your OrbX stuff in your computer. You need to have version 3 if you want to run upgrades or install new products from now on. Download and install, that's it. You don't do the license transfer from FSS here

- OrbXDirect is a shop. You need to open a new account in that shop with a new email address (if possible the same that you used at FSS if you have sceneries to transfer) and a new password. The forum name and password don't work. You do the transfer from this account once created and logged in.

Here is the tutorial  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/123940-how-to-use-orbxdirect-and-ftxcentral-v3-a-step-by-step-guide/

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

ORBX screwed up by failing to maintain separation between Global Only and Regional Sceneries thru the now permanently altered FTX Central.   The really nasty part of this was as of today I was UNABLE to open FTX Central WITHOUT do the scenery migration.   Apparently others have complained and they plan to restore what they thoughtlessly removed AND forced users to adapt with no way out.  That's right JV--I was not able to revert to Global only so now at the gate for a flight planned tonight out of KPDX I get a lovely 18 frames per second, instead of the 26 present w/ Global w/o PNW. 

ORBX screwed up by failing to maintain separation between Global Only and Regional Sceneries thru the now permanently altered FTX Central.   The really nasty part of this was as of today I was UNABLE to open FTX Central WITHOUT do the scenery migration.   Apparently others have complained and they plan to restore what they thoughtlessly removed AND forced users to adapt with no way out.  That's right JV--I was not able to revert to Global only so now at the gate for a flight planned tonight out of KPDX I get a lovely 18 frames per second, instead of the 26 present w/ Global w/o PNW. 

You, of course, are aware that the OrbX team does not monitor this forum and that your rant  is therefore useless. For the record, Central v2 had already withdrawn the switching possibility, answering a long standing request from the users community, there is nothing new in v3 there, if I am not mistaken. To deactivate a region to stay in Global is still possible with a little manipulation though.

You, of course, are aware that the OrbX team does not monitor this forum and that your rant is therefore useless

Jv  does  post  in here,  rarely  though,  most likely  some  one  links  him  the post.   Noel  has  a axe  to grind   with Jv  if  you havnt  noticed   lately  

Jv  does  post  in here,  rarely  though,  most likely  some  one  links  him  the post.   Noel  has  a axe  to grind   with Jv  if  you havnt  noticed   lately  

Hey Pete,

The OP posted a polite message at OrbX which obviously was  the smart thing to do first instead of ranting here and even got a positive answer from John V  :wink:   ! And he politely thanked him. Isn't the world nice ?

The OP posted a polite message at OrbX which obviously was the smart thing to do first instead of ranting here

Good  to know  that,  see what happens  when  you don't  rant  and  ask politely  your  issues,   you will find  you will  get  things  resolved :wink: