Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

747 BETA - A few shots!

Howdy all, just a few shots of the 747 Beta. Lined up on Kai Tak Runway 31 at dusk.

As always with beta previews, the airplane is a work in progress. These shots are stitched from multiple shots so any perspective distortion is of my making, not PMDG's.

General impressions? PMDG have done what they always do, they've raised the bar. Textures, sound and handling are all top-class. Lighting is incredible, these shots perhaps don't do it full justice, you really have to see it at night to appreciate the work that has been put in here. (Shots of that another day, I have testing to do!)

The result is a convincing and cosy atmosphere in which to conduct your duties. Once agian PMDG has really captured that sense of anticipation that accompanies the preflight prep for a long haul. I said it of the 777 and I'll say it of the 747, the atmosphere is less that of a bus about to start it's daily commuter grind, and more like that of an ocean liner about to pull out of port for some exotic destination.

The sounds, did I mention the sounds? Unbelievable.

Those of you who've been PMDG customers for some time may have sampled the original 747. To you folks, welcome back to your office. I will say, it's great to be perched back up high again. To those of you who haven't yet had the joy of flying the Queen, you're in for a treat, this is a different bird to the 777 and is a reflection of what the state-of-the-art was back when the 747-400 first flew. PMDG have done a great job of capturing many of the little quirks and idiosyncrasies of the airplane.

These are only early impressions and I'm sure there will be more from the test team in due course, but for now, sit back, relax and enjoy these shots!

20161103165214_1%20Panorama.jpg

20161103165737_1%20Panorama.jpg

20161103170253_1%20Panorama.jpg

20161103170447_1%20Panorama.jpg

20161103170659_1%20Panorama.jpg

20161103164935_1%20Panorama.jpg

• Upvote 21

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

How do you find it compared to PMDG's previous 747? More complex? Better FPS? More fun to fly by hand? More functionality?

How do you find it compared to PMDG's previous 747? More complex? Better FPS? More fun to fly by hand? More functionality?

Not so much more complex as a more complete simulation. The fidelity of the simulation is far ahead of the original. The original 747 was a high standard for its day, this one is a high standard for today. Definitely more fun to fly by hand in my view.

• Upvote 1

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thanks for the info, brother, is this FSX or P3D?

spacer.png

Thanks for the info, brother, is this FSX or P3D?

FSX

We have a color system on the tails of the PMDG liveries btw:

-Yellow - FSX

- Green - P3D

Kyle Rodgers

FSX

We have a color system on the tails of the PMDG liveries btw:

-Yellow - FSX

- Green - P3D

First thing I checked :) . BTW, this will be the first aircraft I will buy for P3D and not FSX.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

hello,

i wish you guys would implement a maintenance hangar type feature with this aircraft , something like the one on DC-6 X-plane  :D

kind regards,

jaff

i wish you guys would implement a maintenance hangar type feature with this aircraft , something like the one on DC-6 X-plane  :D

While the interface is slightly different, our products have had this feature for quite some time. The NGX, and 777 both have maintenance functions (magnitudes above what's available in the DC-6) under MENU> FS ACTIONS>.

Kyle Rodgers

this will be the first aircraft I will buy for P3D and not FSX.

Me as well.  Should be awesome as I leave FSX behind in the history books where it belongs.

spacer.png