Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

747 BETA - A few shots!

I'm pretty amazed at the curve on the CRT's! Superb attention to detail! 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

While the interface is slightly different, our products have had this feature for quite some time. The NGX, and 777 both have maintenance functions (magnitudes above what's available in the DC-6) under MENU> FS ACTIONS>.

yup i am aware of that and have been using that for ages, and its very good , but you see a nice UI showing engine hours for example (not in seconds in a file somewhere :P ) would not hurt :D

All this is just a suggestion and in no way am i demanding something :)

any way hope the 747 releases soon ! best of luck with the release !

kind regards,

jaff

Really glad people are keying in on the CRTs. I think it's a pretty awesome little detail. If you guys can spot the attention to detail on the CRTs, I'm sure you'll easily spot some of the subtle details on the LCDs, too. Full credit goes to Vin on this one. He's done some great work in the VCs.

All this is just a suggestion and in no way am i demanding something :)

I didn't see it as a demand. I was just confused as it wasn't clear if you knew the maint function existed on our other products. I doubt we'd provide a UI panel similar to the DC-6 (that goes against our mentality of why we put everything into the CDU menus), but I could suggest giving people a little visibility into times while in the MAINT pages.

Kyle Rodgers

Awesome shots. Can't wait.

Dumb question though, on the original queen for fsx, the spoilers vibrated on landing as in real life with the forces on them. I found this to be a really immersive little detail, can you confirm please if this has made it to the new version.

Terence Jordan

Really glad people are keying in on the CRTs. I think it's a pretty awesome little detail. If you guys can spot the attention to detail on the CRTs, I'm sure you'll easily spot some of the subtle details on the LCDs, too. Full credit goes to Vin on this one. He's done some great work in the VCs.

I didn't see it as a demand. I was just confused as it wasn't clear if you knew the maint function existed on our other products. I doubt we'd provide a UI panel similar to the DC-6 (that goes against our mentality of why we put everything into the CDU menus), but I could suggest giving people a little visibility into times while in the MAINT pages.

oh,due the number of times 'some' ( :ph34r2: ) ppl have re-iterated the importance of reading the intro manuals that come with the PMDG products ,its pretty hard to miss the MAINT feature :D

the CRTs are golden !! and engine hours on CDU would be nice too ..

say kyle aren't you one of the BETA testers as well ? and shouldn't you be posting videos on you tube ,showing off this wonderful beast :P

kind regards,

jaff

oh,due the number of times 'some' ( ) ppl have re-iterated the importance of reading the intro manuals that come with the PMDG products ,its pretty hard to miss the MAINT feature :D

Some...no idea who...  :ph34r: 

:P

say kyle aren't you one of the BETA testers as well ? and shouldn't you be posting videos on you tube ,showing off this wonderful beast

I'm on the dev team, so I've been testing it since before the tech and beta teams had access to it. I may eventually do a video similar to the one I did for the 777 a while back, but that won't be until a bit later.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

I'm on the dev team, so I've been testing it since before the tech and beta teams had access to it. I may eventually do a video similar to the one I did for the 777 a while back, but that won't be until a bit later.

nice !! looking forward to a full blown video, with all features et all !

kind regards,

jaff

Personally I love thye PMDG intro docs, a great Seguay  into the product I am about to enjoy.

spacer.png

Wow, these curved CRTs!! Shots are gorgeous, especially the last one, very atmospheric.

Mauricio Brentano

Personally I love thye PMDG intro docs, a great Seguay  into the product I am about to enjoy.

I agree. I read all the 777 and 737 documentation cover to cover (I don't understand a lot but that's beside the point) and it makes for some great reading. Other aircraft I have, the boredom factor always kicked in, and I only ever read enough documentation to get me through the basics and anything else I learned, I picked up myself

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Hey Kyle, any chance PMDG will offer the spiral bound manuals for the 747?  I'm a big fan of documentation (even if all systems are not fully implemented) as it exposes the true value of a product.

Cheers, Rob.

I'm sure the avionics fidelity is a little more advanced than before regardless.  10 years is a long time for our hobby and the simming platform.

spacer.png

Not more complex? That's a little disappointing to hear. Just a texture upgrade then?

And how is the FPS?

I think that you're misunderstanding what was said. I'll use an analogy:

If I were to simulate a Cessna 172 - a relatively simple aircraft - even if I simulate every system in it, then there's only so much complexity that can be simulated, unless you want to make it more complex than in reality. If I then revisit that project - update the models, update the flight dynamics, update the visuals, update it to include various Cessna options (wheel pants, props, avionics options, etc), and update it to be more optimized to run better on a PC - it's not necessarily "more complex" since it's the same aircraft being simulated.

All the same, with the Queen of the Skies II, there are new features that will require new knowledge, but I wouldn't call it "more complex." It's still a simulation of a 747-400. How someone flew the original FS9 version of the Queen will be primarily the same as how one flies the newest version of the Queen (although now you can use the scroll wheel in the VC, and the VC looks MUCH better than it used to). This version, unlike the original, includes all of the methodology brought in with the NGX as well: panel states, hours tracking, and customization by tail number.

Hey Kyle, any chance PMDG will offer the spiral bound manuals for the 747?  I'm a big fan of documentation (even if all systems are not fully implemented) as it exposes the true value of a product.

Cheers, Rob.

I don't believe so, unfortunately:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/480978-printed-manuals/page-1?p=3349561#entry3349561

I'm sure the avionics fidelity is a little more advanced than before regardless.  10 years is a long time for our hobby and the simming platform.

Absolutely. The systems fidelity is also a lot more comprehensive.

Kyle Rodgers

Also nice is I'm sure the original 744 manual is applicable andso I am rereading that to prepare.

spacer.png