Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

747 BETA - A few shots!

Oh, I miss that mysterious PMDG drink. :drinks:  Wonder why captains aren't offered drink on NGX and 777.

Haha - yep. PMDG Cola is back. There are also some documents back behind the FO that many of you might find humorous.

Kyle Rodgers

Also, I'm very surprised. I don't think anybody picked up on the new feature that was in this screenshot early last month. Anyone spot it?

Well...we could dial in a number on the yoke, this wasn't in the previous version (great for those long flights and you forgot your stress ball)

I also see a real SELCAL registration. Perhaps an indication for some communication improvements?

But maybe more interesting...does that EFB screen works...?

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Gents,

I'm going to disagree with Mark (the OP) a bit on whether it is more complex than the original version of the 747 we made 11 years ago.  It is MONSTROUSLY more complicated, because we have learned so much more about how to simulate complex, dynamic systems in the ensuing decade.

For example, in the original 747, if you reach up and turn a generator off, the OFF light illuminates more-or-less instantly and the associated EICAS advisory appears.

In the new version, the entire logic of the electrical system is modeled, including the state tracking mechanisms, along with their associated time delays and cross checking behaviors so that the response time of the OFF light and the EICAS message are accurately reflected.

This is true for tens of thousands of pieces of equipment modeled on the 747, and the 1400 or so EICAS messages that are simulated. 

The end result is that for some things- you get an instant response, for most you get a slight delay in response (to eliminate transient advisories/cautions/warnings) and for still others you might get no EICAS indication for 90 seconds or so....

It all depends on what logic was established within the system's indication and annunciation infrastructure.

We didn't do stuff like this a decade ago.  We do stuff like this now. 

• Upvote 7

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Very, very nice shots. This bird is just stunning. For me, the 747-8i is a little bit more interesting. I hope to see some Images of the Dash 8 soon ;)

Won't be able to fly this one for a couple of years with the rate the transition to X-Plane is going...still...a pretty stunning bird I must say! 

We didn't do stuff like this a decade ago. We do stuff like this now.

I haven't heard any comments, but I'm guessing that the flight model has been substantially upgraded.  The best part of PMDG's latest renditions is the flight models; they are excellent. :smile:

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

From what I've seen and read? I'm eagerly awaiting her release. Very nicely done PMDG

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

How on Earth did I miss this thread?!

Amazing! Oh, boy, beta testers screenshots... we are close!

Gents,

I'm going to disagree with Mark (the OP) a bit on whether it is more complex than the original version of the 747 we made 11 years ago.  It is MONSTROUSLY more complicated, because we have learned so much more about how to simulate complex, dynamic systems in the ensuing decade.

Gents,

And I accept the point. The simulation is significantly more complex. No doubt about it. Sorry Rob!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Also, I'm very surprised. I don't think anybody picked up on the new feature that was in this screenshot early last month. Anyone spot it?

The paravisual display on the glareshield? 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Sorry if this has already been asked.

Will the Dash 8 be released at the same time as the base pack?

Thanks, Phil Tereny

Well...we could dial in a number on the yoke, this wasn't in the previous version (great for those long flights and you forgot your stress ball)

I also see a real SELCAL registration. Perhaps an indication for some communication improvements?

But maybe more interesting...does that EFB screen works...?

Oh wait, compared the screenshot to the other screenshot made at the same time and...there is no EFB screen, just a big hole! So I guess we can scrape that of the feature list  ^_^

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Great shots and content! :wink:

After the release of the "Queen" in August 2005, it was considered a game-changer, a step-up and a new standard and dimension in flight simulation. At that time in the fs9.

But as I recall, it was also the 'Dawn of OOM nightmares'. My first one was with the 1st Queen. hehehehe .... As if it created a new 'science' inside MSFS - hunting down OOMs  :smile: 

Best regards from portugal B)

Pedro Lima
"The sky is the home of birds... we are just guests... guests of honor" Peter Besenyei
"...redundancy is very important in aviation; that is why airplanes have 2 wings instead of 1!" M.S.A.Q.
My videos

Well I dont get any OOM with P3D...

spacer.png