Sign in to follow this  
funkymaggot

View Change Issues

Hi Guys....

I want to start by saying awesome work with this so far.... changed from EZDok the other day and this is so much better. I realise it is in Alpha and bugs/glitches are to be expected. I just want to put the issues forward that I am having as I haven't seen any posts regarding them so far (or if there are my apologies!) and if you don't know about them they won't get fixed!! 

1) When changing view from Inside to Outside, using a key binding (set to the numpad), the aircraft model sometimes isn't shown and all you can see are NAV lights or strobes flashing. The view I have is high and directly behind the aircraft at a distance, to aid with taxiing. Once this has happened, if you change back to Inside view, sometimes  you also get nothing there, just your scenery passing by (no panel). To reset this you need to right click on the screen, select Cockpit - Onboard (ChasePlane), and the cockpit re-appears.

2) Exact same issue as above, however, once it has moved to the outside view, some of the panels accessed using shift+1 etc, appear on the screen as well.

3) Sometimes you press the keybinding to move views and the screen judders as if it is moving but nothing happens. Quite often you need to press the bound key 3 or 4 times before it actually changes the view.

4) You press the keybinding, the screen flickers and there is a longer than expected delay before it moves.

I also have the issue when using the in-game menu where you can't scroll through any of the options, however I know this one is on the list already.

Keep up the great work, it'll get there eventually.

Mick.

Hi Mick,

Make sure the keys you want to used aren't already assigned in the simulator. If one of your shortcut changes the view from within the simulator just after ChasePlane does it you will end-up somewhere unexpected.

Shift+X is often assigned to 2D panels by default. I'm pretty sure you can disable those, otherwise I suggest the numeric keypad or using Ctrl+X as shortcut.

We are aware about the In-Sim View Selector, I will make a thread explaining what's happening.

Thanks a lot for this report, we really appreciate it!

Best Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven,

Thanks for the quick response. All of my views are set up on the NumPad, as they were with EZDok. All of these keys were wiped, as per it's instructions. I will however go back though and check them all.

As for posting to let you know, you're very welcome!!

Regards,

Mick.

After double checking my NumPad in the FSX Controls settings, I can confirm that NONE of my keys are bound to ANYTHING inside the Sim.

Does the problem occur when using assignments other than the numeric keypad?

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Not sure about that... as I have nothing bound anywhere other than the NumPad.

I will change some of them to main keyboard tomorrow, check it out, then let you know.

Assigned views to 'clear' keys on the main keyboard rather than the NumPad.....

There was some improvement, however, I still sometimes had to press the keys multiple times to get them to change the view. It did seem more stable than using the NumPad though.