Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

The Best is getting even better....

Ah!  But there are also aerobatics and race servers for IL-2, and the new smoke systems look great!

Does it have a 21 ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Does it have a 21 ?

Nope, and for that one, I think you have the best ever available choice - the Leatheneck Simulations Mig-21 - a True Masterpiece!

I fell "in love" for the flight dynamics and overall immersion provided by 1C / 777s IL-2 Battle of ... series, but that doesn't mean I don't recognize what is also so special and superior about DCS World offers.

DCS World is simply the most remarkable jet fighter simulation, from a flight dynamics pov. Of course the F-16 simulator (  BLM ) is the Aerowinx PSX of modern jet fighter simulation, very specific of that aircraft and certainly a masterpiece, but I really do not like air war :-) and look a lot more for great flight dynamics, specially for rotary wing and prop aircraft.

Both rotary wing and props ( ww2 ) are exceptionally made by DCS, but il-2 offers similar quality in terms of flight dynamics and a much more immersive scenery, in all aspects. Only thing ( not a problem for me ) il-2 doesn't offer like DCS are the clickable cockpits. You have to do everything through keyboard shortcuts and / or controller buttons, sliders, axis...

The other aspect that doesn't allow for the user to perform himself are the start-up / shutdown procedures. They are run by the true POHs, but automatically by the virtual pilot. Details like cold weather effects when starting n engine are perfectly modelled though, just like in DCS, as well as engine damage from overstress, and above all, il-2 has a more sophisticated damage model.

For those willing to fly ww2 aircraft, like museum specimens, both DCS and il-2 do a great job. For those willing to play in a ww2 environment, DCS is, IMH, lagging way behind IL-2.

Flight dynamics and overall physics wise, all summed up, both simulators are on the very first place of the podium, ex-aequo, comparing to ANY other PC-based flight simulator I have used in all of my 25+ years of flight simulation, and that's way I eventually completely gave up on my civil platforms ( ELITE IFR being the only exception because again it is very specific and oriented towards IFR training for RW pilots... and because I am a beta tester for ELITE IFR :-) )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

DCS is the BEST

FSX 4eva  :wink:

Actually, I've been reinstalling lots of my ORBX stuff using the new FTX central and flying around in FSX SE. It looks a little dated compared to X-Plane or DCS, but I'm enjoying it (The new Germany region is brilliant) and unlike the other two, I do actually get fairly decent FPS.

FSX 4eva  :wink:

Actually, I've been reinstalling lots of my ORBX stuff using the new FTX central and flying around in FSX SE. It looks a little dated compared to X-Plane or DCS, but I'm enjoying it (The new Germany region is brilliant) and unlike the other two, I do actually get fairly decent FPS.

I downloaded FG right now @work. Somethings are looking good.

What you are doing in MS world again ?

You def need a windows system better a desktop.

For airliners and World cover IFR, FSX:SE or P3D are still the best.

If I were to buy the FSLabs masterpiece A32x, I would for sure re-install FSX:SE, just for running it - there simply is no viable alternative in other platforms....

But the problem comes when we start demanding on the flight dynamics, and overall physics modelling - that's what attracted me so much first in DCS and now in IL2 Battle of...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

From the videos of il2 and from the usage of DCS they are light years ahead of any flight siming platform where the FD is concerned and also ahead in the visuals .  XP stands second to these two.

lol and i have no real knowledge of how an aircraft should behave in the air

Wow the F14 in FG looks nice.so does the F15 nice nice.  The P-51 is a 400 MB download wow.

From the videos of il2 and from the usage of DCS they are light years ahead of any flight siming platform where the FD is concerned and also ahead in the visuals .  XP stands second to these two.

lol and i have no real knowledge of how an aircraft should behave in the air

Wow the F14 in FG looks nice.so does the F15 nice nice.  The P-51 is a 400 MB download wow.

Is that the latest FG nightly ?  But when I tried the p51d the last time, after being already a "seasoned" DCS p51d user, I was disappointed :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

I downloaded FG right now @work. Somethings are looking good.

What you are doing in MS world again ?

I haven't tried FlightGear for about 2 years now. Compared to all other sims, it was quite far behind, but maybe that's improved recently?

In MS world, I'm just installing all my old addons (I spent a fortune in the past) and I'm just enjoying simming again (You still can't beat the PNW and Alaska). I like X-Plane and looking forward to 11, but it's nice to get away and use something else for a while. Aerofly is also getting some good use, but I found the aircraft rather limiting.

Is that the latest FG nightly ?  But when I tried the p51d the last time, after being already a "seasoned" DCS p51d user, I was disappointed :-/

It's 2016.3.1 .  No idea  didn't download the 51 not a big fan of her.

I haven't tried FlightGear for about 2 years now. Compared to all other sims, it was quite far behind, but maybe that's improved recently?

It's still behind but I always like to keep checking it , it's not bad for a free opensource thing