Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

The Best is getting even better....

I'm completely sold to the 1C / 777 IL-2 Battle of ... series...

Have all of the releases theatres and airplanes and already the upcoming pre-release Battle of Kuban and the ju52-3m and Yak1b collector planes...

IL-2 started for me as a final evaluation for yet another flight simulator, focusing mainly on prop aircraft simulation, and has stayed in my disk, together with Aerowinx PSX and ELITE like no other sims that I keep installing and soon, uninstalling because for this or that reason they aren't up to my expectations.

Today the authors just released yet another Dev Update ( weekly ) that reveals even better things to come :-)

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/page-4#entry405724

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yet another progress - every week on the 1C /777 front !  These guys are simply REMARKABLE!!!!

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/page-4#entry408276

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Yet another progress - every week on the 1C /777 front !  These guys are simply REMARKABLE!!!!

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/page-4#entry408276

Brings back memories, last jump I made with IL2 was with the BoB module and it was disappointing. How does it compare to the DCS WW2 modules now?

It's much better flight dynamics wise, and immersion wise, but also scenery, weather and overall physics wise :-)

Yes tye cockpits aren't clickable, apparently a must for some users - not my case because I don't bother having to assign keyboard or button / slider controls, but systems are complex enough, and in some aspects ( like damage modeling ) even further than DCS.

But it's the unique flight dynamics, that I have to put ahead of even DCS ww2 modules, that sold me 100 % to this combat sim, for quite a long while now :-)

I did try CoD, and older il2 versions in the past ( more than 16 yrs ago ) but believe me, this version, resulting from the merge of 1C and 777 teams is way ahead in all aspects.

Truth is I am certainly not a seasoned combat flightsim user, and I actually do not like air combat, although I confess I play it more and more with il2 BoS and BoM.

My first digression into this modern combat sims was DCS, in November 2012, when I bought the recently released p51d after playing it at a friends PC who was getting tired of my complains about the not so good flight dynamics in x-plane 10 and fsx.., and I noticed the potential and much better feel in DCS right away. Then sometime latter that same simmer friend who had "pushed" me into DCS, offered me the pre-release BoS.  I admit I was extremely reluctant about adopting yet another combat flight simulator, specially because around that time I was again very involved in X-Plane 10 and FSX / P3D, but eventually I was really amazed by the quality of the graphics AND, above all, the flight dynamics.

Along it's recent history IL2 BoS and now BoM and the upcoming BoK has gone through major updates. It went from 32 to 64 bit in 2015, it is about to go DX11, and in parallel to this, the small but extremely talented and dedicated 1C /777 team really works at a pace that leaves me speechless. The fine tuning of the various aircraft modules has brought il2 BoS/M to a level that I consider unique and way ahead of any other flight simulator I have used.

There are no 3pds in this platform, all content being released by 1C / 777 only, although some talented users contribute with interesting tools that I never used ( mission editors mostly ).

After the last years jumping between FSX, P3D, XPX, Aerofly, MS FLIGHT, DCS and even PSX, I have restricted my simmer slots to il2 and keep using ELITE, but that's a different league :-)

I honestly can't find anywhere near a sensation of "being there" and feeling flight, even if virtual, like in any of the il2 aircraft modules, and eagerly awaiting the Yak-1b, Ju 52 and other Battle of Kuban modules.

Main Simulation Rig:

nonsense DCS is the BEST

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

No no no, il2 is the best!  1,000 times il2 is the best !!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

nonsense DCS is the BEST

At what?

For modern tactical air combat simulation, the best remains Falcon BMS.

DCS is full of posers.  :-P

spacer.png

At what?

For modern tactical air combat simulation, the best remains Falcon BMS.

DCS is full of posers. :-P

At a lot of things and BMS is something i stopped using years back not my favorite aircraft.

I don't do combat just do normal flights with some aerobatics on the VA server and doing nav now.

DCS is the BEST

For helicopters, flight dynamics wise, DCS is really the best, IMO.

I think some modules like the Mig-21 also excel in quality and detail.

For the ww2 props, I have mixed feelings, and this not taking into account immersion from proper scenery like what we have in il2 vs the Caucasus and Nevada to fly ww2 fighters in DCS, but flight and systems modelling wise, they occupy my first place among all sims I have used.

I still start il2 more often though... It's easier to get into action :-), but this "easier" is not a synonym of arcadish!

Main Simulation Rig:

No no no, il2 is the best!  1,000 times il2 is the best !!!!!

How 1000 times better ?

For helicopters, flight dynamics wise, DCS is really the best, IMO.

I think some modules like the Mig-21 also excel in quality and detail.

For the ww2 props, I have mixed feelings, and this not taking into account immersion from proper scenery like what we have in il2 vs the Caucasus and Nevada to fly ww2 fighters in DCS, but flight and systems modelling wise, they occupy my first place among all sims I have used.

I still start il2 more often though... It's easier to get into action :-), but this "easier" is not a synonym of arcadish!

For helis / jets nothing is close to DCS IMO 

If I want combat and i still prefer DGFT's then i would probably go with il2. 

What is DGFT ?

Main Simulation Rig:

What is DGFT ?

dogfights

Ah!  But there are also aerobatics and race servers for IL-2, and the new smoke systems look great!

Main Simulation Rig: